Not your Mama's potato salad!. Say goodbye to potato salad drenched in mayo. Not Yo Mama's Potato Salad is light and fresh and tossed in in olive oil, vinegar, dijon mustard, and Say goodbye to soggy potato salads drenched in mayonnaise….salads that make you forget you are even eating a potato. Mairlyn moonlights as a ventriloquist while dealing with some ornery spuds and adds a twist to the traditional potato salad. **Recipe Below** New videos.
Add the scallions, roasted red pepper, tomatoes and pasta, and toss the salad to coat evenly. For me, potato salad sort of falls into the same category as meat loaf and cornbread, it seems basic and a lot of You can sprinkle the top with some paprika for a little color or (this is my touch, not my mother's) I use some Tony Chachere's Creole Seasoning to. Reviews for: Photos of Mama's Potato Salad. You can have Not your Mama's potato salad! using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Not your Mama's potato salad!
- Prepare of salad.
- It's 5 small of potatoes (I like yukon gold or red).
- Prepare 5 of hard boiled eggs.
- You need 3 of green onions, thinly sliced.
- You need 1/2 of red bell pepper, diced.
- Prepare 3 slice of crispy bacon, diced.
- Prepare 1/4 of mayonnaise.
- You need 2 tbsp of course ground dijon mustard.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1/2 tsp of paprika.
- It's 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of apple cider vinegar.
I'm not normally a fan of horseradish but my hubby loves it and he considers potato salad one of the main food groups. Raisin Potato Salad is an Internet Slang term to describe unnecessary actions taken by white people, usually adding their spin on examples of black popular culture. The joke was first used in a Saturday Night Live sketch starring Chadwick Boseman playing T'challa from the Marvel film Black Panther. I'm not a huge potato salad fan, but I do enjoy it prepared this way.
Not your Mama's potato salad! instructions
- Simmer potatoes on medium heat. Cook for about 20 min or so. (The skins are left on so it is a long cook time, but it keeps you from having soggy potatoes.).
- Halve eggs and remove the yolks, set yolks aside in a large mixing bowl. Dice the whites and set aside..
- Add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt, pepper, paprika, garlic, and vinegar to the bowl with the yolks and mix until smooth..
- Once the potatoes are done let them cool a bit and give them a large dice (I leave the skins on). Add to the mayo mix and let cool in the fridge..
- Once the potatoes are cooled add the egg, onion, bacon and peppers. Now its ready to eat!.
It's like a fully loaded baked potato in salad form. Cook potatoes until they are tender, drain and cool. In a large bowl combine the miracle whip, sour cream, mustard, chili powder and cayenne. This is the way my mother and my grandmother always made their potato salad. A really nice side dish to go with BBQ!