Churros. Easy churros recipe with hot chocolate dipping sauce. Follw this recipe to learn how to make perfect churros. Printable Version. "These Mexican fritters are very common at fairs.
A churro is a fried-dough pastry—predominantly choux—based snack. Churros are traditional in Spain and Portugal, where they originated, as well as in the Philippines and Ibero-America. They are also consumed around the world, especially in the Southwestern United States, France. You can cook Churros using 11 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Churros
- You need 200 g of all purpose flour sifted.
- Prepare 1/2 of butter.
- It's 1 cup of water.
- Prepare 3 tablespoons of sugar.
- It's 1/2 tablespoon of salt.
- It's 3 drops of vanilla extract.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- It's of Vegetable oil for deep frying.
- You need of Cinnamon sugar or confectioners sugar.
- It's 1/2 cup of milk.
- Prepare 100 g of easy melt chocolate or 2 cups Milo dissolved 6 tbsp water.
The Mexican version of a quick fried cake, churros are incredible tasty treats that couldn't be easier to make. Whether you want to craft them from scratch or are looking for a quicker fix. I have loved churros ever since I was a little girl wandering the streets of Tijuana. Homemade Churros are made with simple, pantry-staple ingredients and fried to golden perfection, these are easy to make at home!
- In a medium saucepan melt butter with water, sugar, and salt. Add vanila extract..
- Put in low heat, add flour and mix well until no more dry flour shows. Remove from heat and cool for about 10 minutes..
- Add eggs one at a time and mix well..
- Put in a piping bag with a large star tip and pipe. Pipe dough (about 5 inches) and cut of ends with scissors. Chill for about 30 minutes..
- Heat oil for frying to around 375°. Fry for about 4-5 minutes (make sure to turn churros around to cook evenly) until golden brown. Remove cooked churros and roll on cinammon sugar or sprinkle with confectioners sugar..
- To make the dipping sauce, heat milk in a saucepan in low heat and add chopped chocolate, stir constantly until sauce thickens..
- Serve churros with chocolate dipping sauce and enjoy..
Homemade Churros are a classic favorite fried food! From Authentic Loop Churros to OREO Churros, you'll want. Churros are kind of the Spanish version of donuts. Taco Bell ripped them off with their Cinnamon Twists. The original Spanish churros were made with just flour and water (maybe some oil) dough.