Acorn Squash Spicy Potage. This Roasted Acorn Squash is one of my favorite side dishes to make in the fall, and it's one of the easiest acorn squash recipes you can make! When roasting acorn squash, I like to cut it into slices to maximize surface area for browning, then add a little maple butter to it, which enhances the flavors. Acorn squash recipes from Martha Stewart, including soups, salads, easy side dishes, stuffing, and much more.
Be the first to review this recipe. Most acorn squash recipes I've tried are sweet and simple, with a basic flavor palette. But I was determined to come up with something a bit more So with some acorn squash that I just received in my most recent Farm Fresh to You package, I got to work coming up with a tangy and spicy topping. You can cook Acorn Squash Spicy Potage using 11 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Acorn Squash Spicy Potage
- Prepare 5 cup of acorn squash cut in small cubes.
- It's 5 cup of vegetable broth.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- It's 1 piece of fresh ginger, grated.
- It's 1 tbsp of ground cumin.
- It's 1 tbsp of curry powder.
- You need 1 tbsp of turmeric.
- You need 1 of dry bay leaf.
- Prepare 2 of whole cloves.
- It's 1/4 tsp of ground nutmeg.
- It's 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
Low Carb Sweet and Spicy Acorn Squash. It took me a long time to come around to roasted squash dishes. I use to refuse them as a kid when my Mom would make them and now I can't believe there was a time when I didn't enjoy the nutty, slightly sweet, delicious taste or roasted. To bake acorn squash, place the squash halves on a baking sheet.
Acorn Squash Spicy Potage step by step
- Put all ingredients in a pot and bring to boil.
- Reduce heat to low, cover and let simmer for half an hour.
- Remove from heat and let cool down for half an hour.
- Put in food processor and blend till liquid.
- Put back in pot, reheat and serve hot.
You can also bake acorn squash whole; be sure to pierce the skin with the tip of a sharp knife in multiple places first. The top countries of supplier is China, from which the percentage of acorn. Sweet, smoky and spicy roasted acorn squash soup. Very easy vegan, gluten-free, and paleo recipe made with simple ingredients. Smoky and Spicy Roasted Acorn Squash Soup.