Chicken Chow Mein. This chow mein is just like what you get at your favorite Chinese restaurant! It's made with tender noodles, fresh sauteed veggies, lean chicken, and a simple savory sauce. Chicken Chow Mein is firmly planted in the Noodle Hall of Fame as one of the all time most loved noodles, along with other favourites like Pad Thai, Pad See Ew and Singapore noodles.
Today I am making stir fried chicken chow mein easy. This recipe is similar to the way my local Chinese Take Out restaurant makes it. Chow Mein is usually relegated to being a side dish, but my fresh take on these classic Chinese-American noodles upgrades them to main dish status. You can have Chicken Chow Mein using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Chicken Chow Mein
- Prepare of Chow mein sauce:.
- You need 1 tbs of Oyster sauce.
- It's 2 tbs of Soy sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of Sesame oil.
- You need of Cheeni (Sugar) 1 tbs (optional).
- Prepare 1 tsp of Kali mirch powder (Black pepper powder).
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of Safed mirch powder (White pepper powder).
- It's 2 tbs of Corn flour.
- Prepare of Chicken boneless cut in strips 250 gms.
- It's 1 tbs of Chow mein sauce.
- It's 2 tbs of Oil.
- You need 1 tbs of Lehsan (Garlic) finely chopped.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Gajar (Carrot) julienne.
- It's 1/2 Cup of Shimla mirch (Capsicum) julienne.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Hara pyaz ka safed hissa (Green onion white part) julienne.
- You need 2 tbs of Sirka (Vinegar).
- You need of Chow mein or Egg noodles (Boiled) 1 & ½ Cups.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Yakhni (Chicken stock).
- It's of Namak (Salt) ½ tsp or to taste.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Hara pyaz (Green onion) julienne.
- It's 1/2 tsp of Kali mirch (Black pepper) crushed.
With big chunks of juicy chicken and a rainbow. Even though chow mein is a popular side dish, we're here to tell you that this is hearty enough to be the main course! With the added protein in the chicken, and so many veggies. This Chicken Chow Mein is an authentic Chinese restaurant quality recipe made with crispy fried noodles, tender chicken, colorful vegetables and the most amazing sauce so you can skip the takeout!
Chicken Chow Mein instructions
- In bowl,add oyster sauce,soy sauce,sesame oil,sugar,black pepper powder,white pepper powder,corn flour and mix well.Chow Mein sauce is ready..
- In chicken,add 1 tbs of chow mein sauce,mix well and marinate for 15 minutes..
- In wok,add oil,garlic and marinated chicken,stir-fry until chicken changes color..
- Add carrot and mix,add capsicum,green onion white part and stir fry for 1-2 minutes..
- Add remaining chow mein sauce,vinegar and mix well..
- Add chow mein or egg noodles,chicken stock,salt,green onion and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes on high flame..
- Sprinkle black pepper crushed and serve..
Chicken Chow Mein is a traditional Chinese stir fry dish. It's made with cabbage, carrots and bean sprouts, but you'll occasionally see one or two other veggies added to the mix, along with some protein. Delish.com's Chicken Chow Mein will take less time than ordering take-out. Chow mein is our go-to for all types of meals, from an easy dinner to a serious hangover. Today I'm sharing all my tips and tricks for how to make chicken chow.