Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal. This Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal recipe is a hearty, healthy breakfast recipe that is loaded with tender apples and fall spices. Gluten free and dairy free, plus meal prep breakfast friendly! This apple cinnamon baked oatmeal is inspired by traditional Amish baked oatmeal and studded with apples, raisins and loads of cinnamon flavor.
Lots of good heart-healthy fuel for when. This is a wonderful, simple recipe for an apple cinnamon oatmeal. Even the kids can make this one! You can have Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal using 10 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal
- Prepare 1 of large apple (I used honey crisp).
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of old fashioned oats.
- It's 1 tablespoon of brown sugar (or maple syrup).
- It's 1 Cup of milk of choice.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of nutmeg.
- It's 1 teaspoon of cinammon.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- It's 1/4 Cup of apple sauce (optional).
- Prepare of Chopped walnuts for garnish.
- It's of Butter for pan.
Baked oatmeal is usually made in larger portions, and is perfect for feeding a crowd. This Apple Cinnamon Baked Oatmeal is a healthy & hearty breakfast recipe that your entire family will love. It's gluten-free and dairy-free with no refined sugar. Which means you can have a weeks worth of breakfasts finished in less than an hour.
Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal step by step
- Chop apple into small chunks.
- Heat butter in medium sized pot on high heat. Once melted, add apples and brown sugar, cinnamon, apple sauce, and nutmeg. Stir until evenly coated..
- Pour in oats, milk, and vanilla extract and set to boil. Once boiling, continue to stir. If oats are too wet for preference add oats; too dry, add more milk. Reduce to medium heat and cover for 5 minutes..
- Serve immediately with walnuts and more cinnamon. Happy Fall!.
This Apple Cinnamon Oatmeal is topped with caramelized apples and crunchy pecans for an irresistible breakfast that's much more decadent than it looks. Whenever I make oatmeal on the stove, I end up with a boil-over or a scorched pot. We only recommend products and services we wholeheartedly endorse. This post may contain special links through which we earn a small commission if you make a. Slightly sweet bread with chunks of apples, oats, and cinnamon.