Brad's smoked salmon and sausage quiche. This Salmon Quiche is a stunner! Beautiful creamy quiche filling with smoked salmon, dill and asparagus. For homemade quiche crust OR Smoked salmon - as mentioned above, this will yield the best overall flavour in the quiche but raw salmon or hot smoked salmon will also work great Smoked salmon quiche made with a layer of cream cheese and mozzarella cheese is a specialty brunch item for your family and friends.
In small bowl mix together, Gruyere, Parmesan, shallots and flour. Sprinkle the cheese mixture and salmon over the bottom of the WARM pie shell. This smoked salmon version comes with bright green bites of asparagus and encased in a sturdy golden crust. You can have Brad's smoked salmon and sausage quiche using 12 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Brad's smoked salmon and sausage quiche
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped sweet onion.
- You need 2 of baby bell peppers, chopped. 1 red, 1 orange.
- You need 1/2 of kielbasa sausage, sliced thin.
- Prepare 4 Oz of smoked salmon, remove bones. Crumbled.
- You need 2 Oz of deli ham, chopped.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped fresh basil.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of shredded colby jack cheese, plus 1/4 cup.
- It's 8 of lg eggs.
- You need 1 cup of whole milk.
- Prepare 2 tbs of flour.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of heavy cream.
- Prepare to taste of Salt, black pepper, and garlic powder.
Add in a smear of whole grain mustard to take it to a whole new level of delicious. Sprinkle the smoked salmon, asparagus, onion, dill and mozzarella over the pastry case. Quiche comes in a variety of combinations. You will definitely love this one as soon as you try it!
Brad's smoked salmon and sausage quiche instructions
- In a large bowl, mix onion, peppers, sausage, salmon, ham, basil, and 1 1/2 cups cheese. Mix well..
- Grease a 11x15 baking dish on the bottom and sides..
- Pour mix into baking dish. Spread out evenly..
- Crack eggs into bowl. Whisk in cream..
- In another bowl, whisk flour into milk. Whisk that into eggs..
- Season eggs to taste..
- Pour over mixture in baking dish. Bake at 375 for 30 minutes or until top gets nicely browned and a butter knife inserted into the center comes out clean..
- Shut off oven. Sprinkle remaining cheese over top. Return to oven 5 minutes.
- Remove from heat. Slice. Serve immediately. Enjoy..
We all know that it's a classic French pie but are you aware that it actually originated in Germany? It came from the German word kuchen which means cake. Quiche is a savory custard filled with vegetables. Quiche is the perfect brunch dish -- easy yet elegant. Jason Parsons has a delicious one perfect for an Easter brunch.