Shrimp Ceviche. This shrimp ceviche recipe is fresh shrimp marinated with cucumber, red onions, cilantro, avocado and diced jalapenos. It takes just minutes to make and is full of bold and zesty flavors. A simple shrimp ceviche for beginners made with poached shrimp instead of raw and finished with tomato, avocado, and cilantro.
This shrimp ceviche is made with limes, lemon, red onion, cucumber, chile peppers, cilantro, and avocado. Jump to the Shrimp Ceviche Recipe or watch our video below to see how we make it. Shrimp is one of the world's most adored seafood and the fact that it is used in so many dishes shows how this love has. You can cook Shrimp Ceviche using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Shrimp Ceviche
- You need 1 lb of shrimp peeled and devined.
- You need 5 of large tomatoes.
- You need 1 of large white onion.
- You need 2-5 of serrano or jalapeño peppers.
- It's 1 cup of freshly squeezed lime juice.
- Prepare 3/4 cup of ketchup.
- Prepare to taste of Guacamaya or Huichol hot sauce.
- You need to taste of salt and pepper.
For the full Shrimp Ceviche Recipe with ingredient amounts and instructions, please visit our recipe page on Inspired Taste. In this shrimp ceviche recipe, we cook the shrimp before marinating it in lemon, lime and orange juices, plus chiles for some heat. Avocado adds creaminess to help the dish come together. This Shrimp Ceviche Recipe is made by marinating cooked shrimp, onions, tomatoes, bell pepper, and cilantro in a refreshing combination of freshly squeezed lime, lemon, orange, and grapefruit juice.
Shrimp Ceviche instructions
- Slice shrimp in half lengthwise, and cut into small pieces..
- Place shrimp in large bowl and add salt and lime juice. There should be enough juice to fully coat all the shrimp pieces. Mix very well, take the time to separate all the pieces. The shrimp should NOT be sticking to each other, if it is, then add more lime juice. SHRIMP IS "COOKED" WHEN IT IS OPAQUE. By the time you chop the other ingredients it should be done..
- Super finely chop the peppers. How many you want is up to you. I like mine spicy so I add a lot. Its just important to really finely chop, because big chunks of pepper gives uneven spice..
- Chop the tomoates and onions to a fine dice..
- Add vegetables to the shrimp and lime mixture..
- Add ketchup, more salt and pepper, and hot sauce. The reason why i recommend Guacamaya or Huichol hot sauce is because it gives the heat without any extra condiments that would interfere with the flavor of the shrimp; like a hot sauce like tapatio or cholula would..
- Mix everything well. And maintain refrigerated until ready to serve..
- Enjoy with tostadas or plain corn chips!.
- Sidenote: this recipe existed before Clamato came out, we do not use it because we feel it waters down the flavor..
Shrimp Ceviche - made from fresh and simple ingredients, this shrimp ceviche is a fantastic appetizer especially on summer days or parties. The beauty of the ceviche is that the fish is marinated in lime juice and in this The ceviche also consists of mixing many ingredients and here the same rule is followed. Shrimp are marinated in lime juice, chopped, then tossed with tomatoes, hot peppers, celery and avocado for a "I've looked all over the net and haven't found a shrimp ceviche quite like this one! Shrimp ceviche is a Latin American appetizer that's a party classic and oh so easy. Go make some shrimp ceviche, and don't forget that nice cold beer to wash it down with.