Beef Shawarma. Learn How to Make authentic Lebanese Beef Shawarma From Scratch At Home Using Our Tested Recipe. In this post we're going to feature our refined and well tested Beef Shawarma Recipe. Beef Shawarma Wrap is a popular street food especially in the Middle East.
Homemade beef Shawarma can be just as delicious as the crispy and juicy street food you know and love in the middle east. It is a Middle-Eastern spiced beef served with fresh veggies and tahini sauce. Learn how to make Middle Eastern beef shawarma the authentic way. You can cook Beef Shawarma using 21 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef Shawarma
- It's 1 kg of beef, cut into thin fajita-like strips.
- It's 2 of onions, cut in slices.
- It's 1 of tomato, cut in slices.
- Prepare of for the marinade.
- It's 3 of tomatoes, cut in slices.
- You need 1 cup of apple cider vinegar.
- You need 1/4 cup of olive oil.
- It's 2 teaspoons of 7 spices.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon.
- You need 1/4 teaspoon of ground nutmeg.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of black pepper.
- It's 1 1/2 teaspoons of salt.
- You need of For the tahini sauce:.
- It's 1/2 cup of tahini, sesame paste.
- You need 1 clove of garlic, crushed.
- You need 1/2 cup of water.
- It's 4 tablespoons of lemon juice.
- It's 1/2 teaspoon of salt.
- You need of For garnishing:.
- It's 1 cup of chopped parsley.
- You need 1 teaspoon of sumac.
Perfectly spiced lean beef strips rolled up with shawarma garlic sauce, onions and lettuce for the best homemade shawarma wrap ever. Shawarma is like the ultimate on the go meal with thinly-sliced meat wrapped in a pita bread with veggies and tahini sauce added. Easy grilled Beef Shawarma is perfect to use in pita sandwiches, hummus bowls or on its own. Flank steak is marinated in a shawarma seasoning mix and grilled to perfection.
Beef Shawarma step by step
- In a bowl, place the meat strips and all the marinade ingredients together. Mix well and let it marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hr..
- Transfer the beef and its marinade to a baking tray, mix in the onion slices and layer with the tomato slices on top..
- Cover the tray with aluminum foil and place it in the oven on medium heat for 1 hr or until the meat is well done..
- To prepare the tahini sauce: with a spoon, mix the tahini with water until you get a smooth texture. Add the crushed garlic, lemon juice and salt. Mix again until you get a fluid sauce. Adjust lemon and salt to taste..
- Beef shawarma is best served with chopped fresh parsley sprinkled with sumac, along with tarator sauce and pita bread..
- Note: You can replace ¼ cup of the apple cider vinegar with ½ cup of red wine..
- You can find the recipe ‘tahini sauce’ in this application..
Lebanese Beef Shawarma with Tarator Sauce. This Beef Shawarma comes from Lebanon and it has everything you need. Tender meat, veggies, and a splendid Tarator sauce! Shawarma is one of the most recognizable Middle Eastern ethnic food names in the West, behind Falafel and Hummus.. The meat is then shredded and wrapped.