Cajun jambalaya sausage /chicken. Visit The Site To Learn About The Origins Of Jambalaya & How To Make It. This recipe starts off with the holy trinity of Cajun cuisine: onions, bell peppers, and celery. Throw in your favorite long grain rice and diced tomatoes, add in Johnsonville's Cajun Style Chicken Sausage, and you've got yourself an authentic Cajun dish that's sure to please.
Cajun Jambalaya: A New World Paella. Jambalaya is a Louisiana dish with heavy Spanish, French, and Caribbean influence. Perfect for tailgating and feeding a crowd, Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya is a winning Cajun entree year-round! You can cook Cajun jambalaya sausage /chicken using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Cajun jambalaya sausage /chicken
- It's 1 lb of Pork sausage -sliced.
- It's 3 lbs of chicken breast -chopped.
- Prepare 4 of onions -chopped.
- You need 1 of bellpepper -chopped.
- It's 2 stalks of celery -chopped.
- Prepare 1 pack of green onions chopped.
- Prepare 2 Tbs of Cajun seasoning.
- It's 1/2 Tbs of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1 tbs of garlic powder.
- Prepare of Couple dashes hot sauce.
- It's of Couple dashes Worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 6 cups of water I used half broth /water.
- You need 3 cups of rice / I used zatarains rice not box rice or u can use regular long grain rice !.
This well-loved dish feeds a crowd easily, whether you're hosting folks for a football game or celebrating Mardi Gras. An authentic Cajun jambalaya with chicken, sausage, pork and andouille sausage. This one-pot meal is fit to feed a crowd (a large crowd) and is perfect for parties, Mardi Gras or anytime you feel like delicious Cajun food. In the River Road Recipes II cookbook, there is a section called "How Men Cook." At first, I was wondering why they get.
Cajun jambalaya sausage /chicken step by step
- Also season chicken with Cajun seasoning before cooking once that brown sausage an chicken together.
- Then add veggies an cook down till tender or till a lot water cooked out bout half way you can add seasons or wait till u put you water in!.
- Once veggies an meat cook down good add rice an stir constantly till the rice kinda expands, possibly 3-5 mins then add water or broth or like I do half an half then stir good let come to a hard boil.
- Once at a hard boil drop your fire to a simmer an let cook for about 20 mins, then cut your fire off, your pot should have liquid on the top just stir good don’t scratch the bottom of the pot this is called rolling your rice once that put lid back on an let soak up stem for about 15 mins then should be done !.
Using two forks, pull chicken apart into bite-size pieces; stir back into rice mixture. Spoon jambalaya into serving bowl and sprinkle with scallions. It's made with a whole roasted chicken, smoked sausage, peppers, celery, onions, rice, and spice mix and feeds a crowd. Cajun Jambalaya is full of andouille sausage, chicken, the holy trinity, and has all of the flavors of an authentic Louisiana recipe! This easy one-pot meal is gluten-free and makes a healthier Cajun dinner or Mardi Gras recipe.