Crockpot taco soup. This taco soup is quick and easy to prepare and has great flavor. I got it from a family friend. You'll LOVE this Easy Crockpot Taco Soup Recipe!
Hearty and filling, this taco soup is made simply in your slow cooker! All the great flavors of taco night, in a comforting soup! If you love Taco Tuesday - you'll love this easy crockpot taco soup! You can have Crockpot taco soup using 18 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Crockpot taco soup
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 1 of onion.
- Prepare 6 of mushrooms.
- Prepare 2 of lean chicken breasts.
- Prepare 1 can of diced tomatoes (large).
- It's 1 can of tomato soup.
- Prepare 1 can of red kidney beans.
- You need 1 can of white corn.
- Prepare 1 can of refried beans (no fat).
- You need 1 packages of lipton ranch mix.
- Prepare 1 tsp of chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of salsa.
- It's 1 tsp of oregano.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground cloves.
- You need 1 tsp of basil.
- Prepare 4 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 box of taco shells.
- You need 1/4 cup of shredded cheese.
It's perfect for busy weeknights when you want something quick, hearty, and healthy. This recipe is packed with flavor that the entire. This crockpot taco soup is surprisingly easy to make. This fabulous crockpot taco soup is loaded with flavor and great ingredients, and you'll be surprised at how simple it is to prepare.
Crockpot taco soup step by step
- Dice the onions and mushrooms. Sautee in olive oil..
- Cut fat off boneless chicken breasts. Shred or cube the chicken as you saute it in a fry pan. Pour off the juices..
- Optional: blend corn to break up kernels. I have to do this for medical reasons. If your household has normal digestive function then use whole corn..
- Add canned ingredients to crockpot. Stir to thoroughly mix. (Note: if you use dried kidney beans then soak ~1-2 cups overnight. Drain and rinse)..
- Add sauteed chicken, onions and mushrooms. Add water to cover ingredients and stir to mix..
- Add spices to taste. Start bland and gradually add salsa and chili powder. Optional: use a taco favoring packet if acceptable to the tastes of your household..
- Set crockpot to high and cook ~4 hours or until kidney beans are done. Add water if it becomes too thick..
- Heat one taco shell per person (follow directions on the box). Most will break it up to add to soup while others may use it as a "scoop"..
- Garnish with shredded cheese (or a dollop of low fat sour cream mixed with a chopped green onion stem)..
This flavorful taco soup is easy to fix and cook in the slow cooker. Canned beans and the slow cooker make this soup a snap to prepare and cook. Feel free to replace the kidney beans or black beans with pinto beans or great northern beans. This crockpot taco soup recipe is a hearty but healthy soup loaded with your favorite taco ingredients and flavors! Skinnytaste > Crock Pot Recipes > Crock Pot Chicken Taco Chili Recipe.