Lebanese Vegetarian eggplant stew, Maghmour (moussaka).
You can cook Lebanese Vegetarian eggplant stew, Maghmour (moussaka) using 11 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Lebanese Vegetarian eggplant stew, Maghmour (moussaka)
- You need 3 of large eggplants.
- It's 4 of mild onions - sliced.
- You need 10 of gloves garlic - sliced.
- Prepare 5 of tomatoes - peeled and diced \ or you can use canned tomato.
- Prepare 1 cup of cooked chickpeas or one can.
- Prepare 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- You need 1 cup of water.
- It's to taste of Salt.
- You need 2 tbsp of olive oil or vegetable oil or half half.
- You need 1 tsp of dry mint.
- You need 1 tsp of fresh mint - chopped.
Lebanese Vegetarian eggplant stew, Maghmour (moussaka) step by step
- There are two ways for eggplant preparation ; either deep fry eggplant - peel eggplant and cut into large cubes toss with salt then fry them in deep hot oil.
- Or, the heather way which I used, toss eggplant cubes with onions and garlic.
- In a deep hot cooking pan ; add oil then onion and garlic slices, toss together untill golden in color.
- Add eggplant cubes and toss together for 5 minutes.
- Add diced tomatoes,and salt mix them well together and leave on low medium heat for about 5 minutes then add tomato paste and water.
- Cover the cooking pan,and bring to a boil.
- Add chickpeas and dry mint, leave on low heat untill well cooked..
- Add fresh mint, toss well the well cooked stew, take off the stove.
- Pour into the serving dish.
- Serve cold, as an appetizer, or a main course for vegetarians.