Red Velvet Cake by Seline(The Cake Girl). Find red velvet cake stock images in HD and millions of other royalty-free stock photos, illustrations and vectors in the Shutterstock collection. Thousands of new, high-quality pictures added every day. We created this satisfying sweet cookie that combines the heavenly flavor of red velvet pancakes but topped with a.
A company called Adams Extract created the Red Velvet Cake recipe. Red Velvet Cake is a CLASSIC recipe, made from sour cream and buttermilk for an incredibly moist and velvety texture, along with cocoa powder and food coloring to help give it the signature red color. Make this cake with my cream cheese frosting , and top with chocolate shavings, cookie crumbs. You can have Red Velvet Cake by Seline(The Cake Girl) using 11 ingredients and 17 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Red Velvet Cake by Seline(The Cake Girl)
- You need 250 gms of flour all purpose.
- You need 113 g of butter.
- Prepare 300 gms of sugar.
- You need 240 ml of buttermilk.
- You need 15 gms of unsweetened cocoa powder.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of baking soda.
- It's 1/2 tsp of distilled white vinegar.
- It's 2 of eggs.
- Prepare 1 tsp of vanilla.
- You need 2 tsp of red foodcolouring.
Apparently, we Americans have always been suckers for the shiny and new. This red velvet cake is moist and delicious with a toasted marshmallow filling and a chocolate sour cream frosting. It was all thanks to the red velvet cupcake and cake at Susie Cakes that was about five blocks from my house in Santa Monica. I honestly think I got a red velvet cupcake every week.
Red Velvet Cake by Seline(The Cake Girl) instructions
- Measure flour,salt and cocoa powder and sieve them.
- Beat butter and sugar until abit fluffy.
- Add eggs one at a time.
- Pour milk in a measuring jug and add 1tspn lemon juice to make buttermilk.
- Add the red colouring to the buttermilk.
- Mix the flour and milk in batches of three,starting with flour and end with flour to get perfect results.
- Pre - heat the oven to 360f/180°.
- Line two equal size baking pans.
- Pour an equal mixture of the batter on the two pans.
- Put in the oven to bake for 40min until when a toothpick,knife or skewer is inserted comes out clean.
- To get the real red velvet taste,a bit of cream cheese is perfect.
- 500ml cream cheese 200ml sour cream 150gms icing sugar.
- Whip them together to. Get a smooth mixture.
- Use a 300ml chilled water and 300gms whipped cream powder to get stiff peaks to decorate the remaining cake.
- Make crumbs from the trimmings of the cake and use it to garnish.
- N/B- the bowl and whisk to be used to whip cream,should be put in the refrigerator to chill for better results..
To qualify as a red velvet cake, ingredients must include cocoa powder, buttermilk, white vinegar and baking soda. The vibrant red colour is achieved with food colouring, but I also provide a natural variation using beets that result in more of a pink-hued cake. Traditional Red Velvet Cake Recipe with (the Original) Ermine Frosting. Today I have a lovely original red velvet cake recipe for you. I call it original because I frosted it with ermine frosting.