Beef enchiladas. This beef enchiladas recipe is simple to make, made with the tastiest sauce, and it's sure to be a crowd favorite! Beef Enchiladas with an extra tasty, saucy filling, smothered with a homemade Enchilada Sauce. My time saving trick is to use one base Enchilada spice mix for both the sauce and filling!
This recipe includes a quick homemade red enchilada sauce and an easy ground beef. Simple homemade Beef Enchiladas are full of Mexican comfort food flavors. Enchiladas originate in Mexico where people have been wrapping corn tortillas around fillings since Mayan times. You can have Beef enchiladas using 15 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beef enchiladas
- Prepare 1 1/2 lb. of Ground beef.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- You need 3 Tbsp. of Chili powder.
- Prepare 2 tsp. of Ground cumin.
- You need 2 tsp. of Ground coriander.
- It's 1 tsp. of Sugar.
- You need 1 tsp. of Salt.
- Prepare 1 Tbsp. of Vegetable oil.
- Prepare 2 of yellow onions, finely chopped.
- It's 1 (15 oz.) of Can tomato sauce.
- It's 1/2 C. of water.
- Prepare 8 oz. of Sharp cheddar cheese, divided.
- Prepare 1/3 C. of Fresh cilantro, chopped.
- You need 2 of jalapenos, sliced (optional).
- It's 12 of corn tortillas.
This easy dinner idea is a crowd pleaser and is filled with corn, beef, green chiles, cheese and covered in red sauce. Beef Enchiladas - Loaded with a simple and hearty crumbled beef filling Loaded with a simple and hearty crumbled beef filling, these cheesy enchiladas will be on your dinner table in no time! Beef Enchiladas Recipe - Loaded with a delicious filling made with ground beef, cheese and veggies. These beef enchiladas are easy, cheesy and delicious.
Beef enchiladas instructions
- In small bowl, combine garlic, chili powder, cumin, coriander, sugar and salt..
- Add ground beef to large skillet and heat on med-high heat until browned, about 6-8 min..
- Remove meat to strainer to drain. Meanwhile in same skillet heat oil over medium-high heat. Once shimmering add onions and brown, about 5 min. Add garlic mixture and simmer until fragrant, 1 min..
- Add the tomato sauce and water, bring to a boil. Return meat to the skillet and simmer on low covered for 10 min..
- Meanwhile heat 2 Tbsp. oil in small skillet over med-high heat. Add one tortilla to the oil and flip after a few sec. (Just want to make them soft and easy for rolling at this point.).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Strain meat mixture over a medium sized bowl. Return solids from the strainer back to skillet and mix with 1/2 cheese and cilantro..
- Place 1/2 sauce from meat mixture into bottom of a 9x13 baking dish..
- Spread meat mixture down the center of each tortilla and roll tightly. Place seam side down in baking dish..
- Cover the enchiladas with remaining sauce and cheese. Cover with foil and place in oven for 25 min..
- Remove foil and place back in oven 5-7 min or until cheese is golden brown. Add fresh, sliced jalapenos if desired. Serve with a side of homemade Mexican rice..
A dish your whole family will love! The Best Beef Enchiladas Recipes on Yummly Easy Ground Beef Enchiladas, Creamy Chipotle Beef Enchiladas, Creamy Beef Enchiladas. Categories: Enchilada Beef Main Dish Cinco de Mayo. These Easy Beef Enchiladas are a wonderful, family-friendly dinner.