Spaghetti Bolognese (Italian Style).
You can have Spaghetti Bolognese (Italian Style) using 17 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spaghetti Bolognese (Italian Style)
- Prepare 500 g of Minced Beef.
- Prepare 1 Cup of Grated Carrot.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of thinly diced Celery (Heaped).
- Prepare 400 g of Plum Tomatoes (1 Tin).
- It's 70 g of Tomato Paste.
- Prepare 1 of Big Onion (thinly diced).
- Prepare 2 Tablespoons of Garlic Paste.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of Oil.
- It's 1 Cup of Beef Stock.
- You need 1/2 Cup of Red Wine.
- Prepare 1 Tablespoon of Italian Seasoning.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Thyme.
- It's to Taste of Salt.
- You need Cube of Seasoning.
- You need 1 Teaspoon of Black Pepper.
- You need 1 Pack of Spaghetti.
- It's 1/2 Cup of Fresh Parsley.
Spaghetti Bolognese (Italian Style) step by step
- Heat up a pan or pot on medium flame. Add oil. Sautee onion and garlic until fragrant..
- Stir fry the minced meat until it turns brown. Add the grated carrot and diced celery. Stir together..
- Season with Italian seasoning, thyme, black pepper, salt and seasoning cube. Stir together and allow to cook for 2-3 minutes. This is allow all the flavours infuse. Add tomato paste, stir together then add the plum tomatoes. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to break the tomato lumbs..
- Add the red wine and beef stock. Stir everything together..
- Cover the pot or pan with a lid to allow proper heat distribution. Allow to cook on medium heat for 40-45 minutes. The more the bolognese cooks, the more the flavour intensifies, the more tasty it gets and the sauce thickens. This step is very important. Finally garnish with fresh parsley or basil. Cook spaghetti according to package instruction and serve with the sauce..
- NOTE: Bolognese is not minced meat sauce or stew. You don't fry the sauce, it is cooked down. Little oil is required in making it. The more you cook it, the more the flavours intensify. You can use freshly blended tomatoes instead of the plum tomatoes. Feel free to introduce other vegetables like broccoli or cauliflower in addition to carrots and celery. As long as they are finely chopped or processed. Feel free to sprinkle some cheese after serving with spaghetti as the italians do😍.