Spotted Trotter Sausage, Crisp Apple and Kale Pasta in Cream Sauce.
You can have Spotted Trotter Sausage, Crisp Apple and Kale Pasta in Cream Sauce using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Spotted Trotter Sausage, Crisp Apple and Kale Pasta in Cream Sauce
- You need 1 of Water, as needed.
- You need 6 oz of Penne pasta.
- It's 1 of Olive oil, as needed.
- Prepare 8 oz of smoked beef kielbasa, bias cut 1/2 inch pieces.
- Prepare 3 oz of onion, sliced thinly.
- You need 1 of garlic clove, minced.
- You need 3 oz of kale, cleaned and cut or torn into 1 inch pieces.
- It's 1 of Kosher salt, to taste.
- Prepare 1 of Black pepper, to taste.
- You need 1/4 cup of half and half.
- It's 1 each of apple, small, sliced thinly.
- Prepare 1 oz of grated Parmesan.
Spotted Trotter Sausage, Crisp Apple and Kale Pasta in Cream Sauce step by step
- Bring a large pot of salted water to the boil. Once water has reached a boil, add penne and cook for 10-13 minutes or until al dente..
- While the water is warming, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add a small amount of olive oil, and place the sausage in the pan. Brown the sausage on all sides. Remove from skillet to a plate or rimmed dish..
- Add olive oil as needed to render the sausage fat and lightly coat the pan. Stir in the onion and garlic, and cook 2 to 3 minutes. Add kale. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Continue to cook while stirring occasionally, until tender. Reduce heat to low, and add the half and half and apple. Return sausage slices to the pan..
- Drain the pasta thoroughly, then add to the pan with the rest of the veggies to heat through..
- Season to taste with salt and pepper. Plate and top with grated Parmesan and a drizzle of olive oil. Serve, and enjoy!.