Olive and Rosemary Focaccia.
You can cook Olive and Rosemary Focaccia using 7 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Olive and Rosemary Focaccia
- Prepare 800 grams of plain flour.
- You need 1 envelope of instant dried yeast (7g).
- Prepare 1 1/2 tsp of sea salt.
- It's 500 ml of water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 of few sprigs of fresh rosemary.
- You need 2 tsp of coarse salt.
Olive and Rosemary Focaccia instructions
- Put flour in a big bowl and put the yeast on one side and the salt on the opposite side of the bowl (salt "kills" the yeast). Pour in the olive oil and water warmed to body temperature.
- Tip the mixture on a well floured table and knead for 10 min, adding flour if the dough sticks (but keep in mind that adding too much flour will yield in a tough and chewy bread).
- Put the dough in an oiled bowl and let it rise in a warm place for 1h30, covered with a kitchen towel.
- Dough should have doubled in size by now. Punch back the dough and put it in a big greased baking pan (or two smaller pans), flatten it with your hands, cover with the towel and leave to rise for 30 min in a warm room.
- Then, press the risen dough with your fingertips and add halved olives, coarse salt and fresh rosemary on top. Drizzle with additional olive oil.
- Bake for 40 min in a 180°C oven. Then brush again with olive oil and leave to cool. Enjoy :).