You can cook Rosemary Focaccia using 7 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Rosemary Focaccia
- It's 1 cup of warm water (about 110F).
- Prepare 2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 2 tsp of active-dry yeast.
- It's 2 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour.
- You need 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling.
- You need 1 tsp of salt, if using rock or fine salt (2 tsp if using flaky salt), plus extra for toppings.
- You need 2 sprigs of fresh rosemary.
Rosemary Focaccia step by step
- Proof the yeast. Add sugar onto water and stir until dissolved. Add the yeast, quickly stir mix and leave for 10 minutes. If the yeast is alive, the mixture should be foamy after 10 minutes..
- Once the yeast have been proofed, gradually add the flour, salt and oil while mixing on low speed. Mix on medium for 5 minutes. You can also do this by hand, by kneading on the bowl for 5 minutes until the ingredients are well combined and the dough is pulling away from the sides of the bowl. Add flour is the dough is too sticky..
- Shape the bowl into a ball and place into a greased bowl for the first rise. Cover the bowl with a damp towel then put the bowl in a warm place. Let the dough rise for 45-60 minutes or until double in size..
- Turn the dough onto a baking pan lined with wax paper and flattened to about 1/2 inches thick. Cover again with a damp cloth and continue to rise for 20 minutes..
- Preheat the oven at 210F..
- Using you finger, pole deep dents into the dough. Drizzle with olive oil and evenly sprinkle with rosemary needles and flaky sea salt..
- Bake for 20 minutes or until dough is slightly golden brown and cooked through..
- Remove from oven and drizzle with extra olive oil..