Beans cake (Qosai, Akara). Akara is also called "beans cake" and it is made from white beans. It is a recipe used mostly for breakfast. The beans is soaked in water to enable the., This text will continue the topic of cakes and cake recipes.
It is a recipe used mostly for breakfast. The beans is soaked in water to enable the removing of the coat. There are two ways to remove the coat from the beans: Akara is a deep-fried fritter made from beans paste or beans powder. You can cook Beans cake (Qosai, Akara) using 6 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Beans cake (Qosai, Akara)
- It's 1 cup of Black eyed peas.
- You need 5 of Scotch bonnet pepper.
- You need 2 of bulb of onion.
- It's of Seasoning.
- You need of Veg Oil for frying.
- It's 1 cup of water.
It is also called Kosai, Bean cake, Acaraje or Beanballs and is mostly made with black-eyed peas (beans) but there are many other types of beans you can use. Akara is a very popular breakfast dish in Nigeria. Kosai or Akara (Bean Cakes) Nigerians will know these golden bean cakes or fritters as akara or kosai, depending on where you are from. In Northern Nigeria where I grew up they are called kosai.
Beans cake (Qosai, Akara) step by step
- Soak the bean for 30min.
- Peel off the bean skin from the seed.
- Rinse the seed and put into a blender/food processor add onion, scotch bonnet pepper,seasoning and water.
- Blend completely into a paste.
- Into a frying pan and 3 cups of vegetable oil and heat.
- Using a tablespoon scoop the batter and drop into the hot oil.
- Fry until golden brown and serve with tea or gruel..
- Blend until completely p.
They are a street or market food, fried up by the women in big pans of hot oil, eaten hot and fresh or wrapped up for a later meal. Akara also known as fried bean cake, koose, bean balls and acaraje. This is a common breakfast in Nigerian homes. It is vegetarian or vegan, delicious and easy to make. Let me show you how to make the best akara recipe that is fluffy on the inside and crisp on the outside.