Halloumi Bake. This healthy halloumi bake is inspired by one of my all time favourite halloumi recipes (and one of the most popular here on the blog), this tomato and halloumi bake with courgette. Find this halloumi recipe at Tesco Real Food. This delicious Turkish halloumi bake is easy to make and full of flavour.
Sprinkle the remaining fennel seeds and chilli flakes over the top. Finish with a drizzle of olive oil. Enjoy this easy veggie traybake with halloumi, roasted veg and chickpeas as a nutritious family dinner. You can cook Halloumi Bake using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Halloumi Bake
- Prepare 2 of Courgettes.
- You need 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- It's 4 of Lindy McCartney Sausages cooked.
- Prepare 1 of Yellow Onion.
- Prepare 2 of Garlic Cloves.
- You need 1 Pack of Halloumi.
- You need 1 Tbs of Cumin.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of Paprika.
- Prepare 1 Tbs of Tumeric.
- It's 1 tsp of Sumac.
- You need 2 Tbs of Oil.
- It's to Taste of Salt & Pepper.
- You need Handful of fresh Basil.
- You need of Naan Bread.
Halloumi is also great baked - add slices to an ovenproof dish and drizzle with olive oil and herbs or spices. Halloumi is most often grilled or fried, but can you bake halloumi without it melting? We give you some delicious baked halloumi ideas. You'll need to turn the oven up to maximum heat or light the broiler for the endgame: so.
Halloumi Bake step by step
- Heat up an oven safe pan with the oil on medium heat. A cast iron works best. Dice onions, and courgette.
- Once pan is hot, sauté onions and courgette for around 5 minutes, until they start to become cooked. Then add garlic and the cooked sausages. Cook for 3 minutes..
- Add diced tomatoes, and another 1/4 cup of water. Add spices and salt and pepper to taste. Cook on a low simmer for 20 minutes. Stir often..
- Turn on broiler of the oven to as high as it goes. Cut halloumi into large slices and place into the saucy dish. Put the dish in the oven for around 5 minutes until the halloumi bubbles on top. Keep an eye on it- it cooks quick!.
- Add some chopped fresh basil and serve with a side of naan!.
Today I was shooting all day and didn't have time for too much cooking. This healthy Mediterranean halloumi bake makes a delicious vegetarian dinner. It perfectly combines the taste of fresh vegetables with the salty halloumi. This is a dish that I cooked for our Clients Janine Pattison Studios over a year ago now and forgot that I had done a video. This is a great Vegetarian Dish.