Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup. We created this Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup to use up fresh zucchini, tomatoes and some of the fresh herbs from our garden - but you can also add other fresh Can I make this Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup in the slow cooker? From the questions we often get, I know that a lot. This soup is easy to put together, and the flavor of the spicy sausage is balanced nicely by Great Northern beans, zucchini, fresh spinach, and carrots.
If you search Italian Sausage on Kalyn's Kitchen, it's pretty easy to see that spicy or mild turkey Italian sausage is one of my favorite ingredients to use for soup. And truthfully, I've loved all the Italian Sausage soups I've posted on the blog, but this Italian Sausage Soup with Tomatoes and Zucchini. lb sweet Italian turkey sausage, browned and drained very well. Place one layer of zucchini in bottom of dish, follow with a layer of tomato, a few rings of onion and some sausage. You can cook Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup using 19 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup
- Prepare 2 tbsp of olive oil.
- Prepare 1 lb of Italian sausage.
- Prepare 2 cups of yellow onion (chopped).
- It's 2 cups of mini bell peppers (chopped).
- You need 4 of garlic cloves (minced).
- You need Pinch of red pepper flakes.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- You need 1 (16 oz) of can diced tomatoes.
- You need 3 of zucchinis cut into bite size pieces.
- Prepare 1 tsp of kosher salt.
- It's 1/2 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 2 cups of chicken soup base.
- It's 4 cups of water.
- You need 1 cup of Colby jack cheese.
- You need Dash of worcestershire sauce.
- Prepare 1 cup of motzerella or feta.
- You need 2 tbsp of basil.
- Prepare 1/2 tbsp of thyme.
- It's of Extra cheese for garnish.
Tender zucchini shells stuffed with a mixture of Italian sausage, tomatoes, zucchini and onions, then topped with Parmesan cheese. Cook sausage in medium skillet over medium-high heat until crumbled and no longer pink, stirring occasionally. Remove sausage from skillet; set aside. View top rated Tomato zucchini soup italian recipes with ratings and reviews.
Zucchini Tomato Italian Sausage Soup instructions
- To make the zucchini tomato Italian sausage soup: In a large soup pot or large Dutch oven heat the olive oil over medium-high heat and once hot, add Italian sausage meat. Break up the meat while it cooks with a wooden spoon..
- Once the Italian sausage meat has browned, add onion and bell pepper and saute for 4 minutes..
- Move the meat and vegetables to the sides and lower heat to medium. Add garlic, pepper flakes and tomato paste to the center of the Dutch oven and cook for two minutes, stirring occasionally. Add tomatoes, zucchini, salt, pepper, chicken broth and Colby jack cheese and motzerella, along with basil and thyme and stir to combine..
- Bring the soup to a medium simmer and cook just long enough until the vegetables are tender about 10-15 minutes..
- Remove the soup from heat. Serve soup immediately with additional basil and cheese on top. Enjoy!.
CLICK HERE to Get the Recipe. You'll enjoy every spoonful of our zucchini tomato Italian sausage soup. Served with some garlic bread and a glass of wine, it quickly becomes a satisfying. Stir in tomatoes, pepper, and reserved sausage and cook until. Zucchini and Tomato Soup with Sausage Recipe.