Chicken tortilla soup. This chicken tortilla soup is quick to make, flavorful, and filling, plus it freezes well. Garnish with avocado, Monterey Jack cheese, or green onion! Simmer a recipe for spicy Chicken Tortilla Soup from Food Network that's loaded with fire-roasted tomatoes, black beans, jalapenos and more.
Drop your dinner plans and make it tonight! It's made with crispy fried strips of corn tortillas in a tomato-based Mexican soup with chicken stock, chiles, avocado, Jack cheese, cilantro and lime. Chicken tortilla soup, with its spicy tomato broth, crunchy tortilla chips, and gooey cheese, has long been one of my favorite dishes to order at Mexican restaurants. You can cook Chicken tortilla soup using 13 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Chicken tortilla soup
- You need 3 of chicken breasts or thighs.
- It's 1 can of diced tomatoes.
- Prepare 1 can of whole kernel corn.
- You need 1 can of black beans, rinsed.
- It's 1 box of 32 oz chicken broth.
- You need 2 of jalapenos, seeded if you prefer.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, minced.
- Prepare 1 of white onion, diced.
- It's 1 tbsp of chili powder.
- It's 2 tsp of ground cumin.
- You need 2 cup of water.
- Prepare 1 of cheddar cheese.
- It's 1 of lime strips or tortilla chips.
I never even thought to make it at. Chicken tortilla soup is one of my favorite kinds of soup. Lately I've been getting chicken tortilla soup almost weekly at a local restaurant. Chicken Tortilla Soup is one of my favorites because there's so much going on.particularly at the end when you add the gorgeous toppings.
Chicken tortilla soup instructions
- Mix all ingredients except cheese and tortilla chips into slow cooker. Cook on low for 8-10 hours or 4-6 on high..
- Top with cheese and lime strips. Delish and super easy to make..
Here is a delicious way to make chicken tortilla soup. You can garnish with many ingredients to suit your needs and make this a meal. By Jennifer Segal, inspired by Tommy Bahama Tropical Café. A silky purée of vegetables, tortillas and spices, this chicken tortilla soup is hearty enough to serve as a meal. Instant Pot Chicken Tortilla Soup - a fast and flavorful recipe that can be made using dry or canned beans, and using fresh or frozen thighs, or breast meat.