Crispy Apple Pie!.
You can have Crispy Apple Pie! using 12 ingredients and 14 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Crispy Apple Pie!
- Prepare of For the filling.
- Prepare 1 of Apple.
- It's 50 ml of Water.
- Prepare 3 tbsp of Sugar.
- Prepare 2 of sheets Frozen puff pastry dough.
- Prepare of Custard Cream.
- It's 1 of Egg.
- Prepare 200 ml of Milk.
- You need 5 tbsp of Sugar.
- It's 10 grams of Cake flour.
- It's 5 grams of Cornstarch.
- You need 1 of Vanilla extract.
Crispy Apple Pie! step by step
- Peel the apple and cut into bite sized pieces..
- Put the water and sugar into a pot and turn the heat on. When the sugar starts melting, add the apple and simmer until the apples soften..
- Transfer to a sieve and let cool..
- Bring the frozen puff pastry to room temperature..
- Make the custard cream. Combine the egg and milk into a bowl. Mix to cut through the egg white..
- Stir in the sugar, flour, and cornstarch..
- Add to the pot while straining. Turn the heat off when the cream thickens to your liking. Add the vanilla extract and let cool..
- Mix the cream very well with a whisk to avoid lumps..
- Roll out the puff pastry dough as thinly as possible..
- Line the mold with the puff pastry dough, and pour the custard cream. (Don't worry if it's not perfect.).
- Then add the simmered apples on top..
- Take the remaining puff pastry dough and cut it into strips, then lay on top in a lattice pattern..
- Brush on the egg glaze. Bake for 20 minutes in an oven preheated to 210°C, then turn down to 180°C and bake for another 10 minutes..
- Let cool once it's done baking, then go ahead and remove the mold once the bottom is cool enough to touch..