Curry and Honey Acorn Squash. This recipe highlights the flavours of the acorn squash while giving it depth through the addition of honey and curry powder. The honey caramelizes as the squash roasts in the oven, which forms a rich caramel flavour. Though perhaps an unusual addition, curry powder brings an earthy taste that.
This Coconut Acorn Squash Curry is a feel good fall and winter dinner recipe that is naturally vegan + paleo. It reheats great so make extra for lunch! If the acorn squash was a little thinner I would have opted for the veggie basket. You can have Curry and Honey Acorn Squash using 7 ingredients and 11 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Curry and Honey Acorn Squash
- Prepare 1 each of Acorn squash.
- It's of marinade.
- You need 2 tbsp of vegetable oil.
- It's 2 tbsp of honey.
- Prepare 1 of curry powder.
- It's 1/4 tsp of ground black pepper.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt.
Split the squash in half and scrape out the seeds with. Acorn squashes aren't quite as tough and formidable as butternut squashes, but you need to use a chef's knife to cut this squash in half, or at least Okay, good — now the trick is to start on one side of the stem and cut straight through the squash (not the stem; don't even try to cut through the stem). Roasted Acorn SquashBabaganosh. acorn squash, honey, pine nuts, olive oil, thyme sprigs, cinnamon. sage leaves, acorn squash, kosher salt, brown sugar, olive oil. Set the squash on its side and, with a large knife, cut in half vertically.
Curry and Honey Acorn Squash instructions
- Preheat your oven to 400°F.
- Wash your acorn squash.
- Cap the squash (cut ends off).
- Place squash on a flat cut end, cut in half.
- Using a large spoon, scoop out seeds and yuchy, stringy stuff.
- Place cut side down, cut in about 1 inch lengths.
- Mix all marinade ingredients together in a bowl large enough to hold the squash pieces also. 1/2 tablespoon of curry powder is just detectable, 1 tablespoon is stronger and more to my liking..
- Dump in squash slices and mix well.
- Grease (I used an oil spray) a baking sheet. Place squash slices with some space, on sheet.
- Bake for 40 minutes (give or take 5 minutes depending how much black bits you like from the honey).
- Serve, shown here with pan fried trout fillet.
Trim a piece off the bottom of each squash half so they will lie flat in. A quick and easy recipe for acorn squash that is oven-roasted, drizzled with honey and cinnamon, and served with blue cheese and almonds. This collection of top-rated recipes highlights this versatilty, featuring chicken thighs with international accents, from chicken curry to cacciatore, chicken teriyaki. This Curry Roasted Acorn Squash is a simple, flavorful Fall side dish. I have always loved acorn squash with a capital L.