Beef 'n Cheddar burritos. Beefy, cheesy burritos are baked with salsa and more cheese for this hearty (and quick!) family-pleasing dinner. Then add the ground beef and cook until the beef is cooked through. Add the cumin, chili powder, oregano and salt and stir to combine.
People said there was no way Arby's Beef 'n Cheddar sandwich could get even better. We took our famous roast beef, topped it with Cheddar cheese sauce and zesty Red Ranch and served it. Added some cheese with it (milk + cheddar + flour) and chipotle sauce as a side. You can have Beef 'n Cheddar burritos using 14 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Beef 'n Cheddar burritos
- It's 1 of medium onion, chopped.
- It's 1 1/4 lbs of lean ground beef.
- Prepare 3 cloves of garlic, minced.
- It's 1 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground black pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of sugar.
- Prepare 1 tsp of ground cumin.
- Prepare 1 tsp of dried oregano.
- You need 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- You need 1/4 tsp of hot paprika.
- You need 2 tbsp of tomato paste.
- It's 1/4 cup of water.
- It's 1 1/2 cups of grated sharp cheddar cheese.
- It's 1 package of ready-made flour tortillas (burrito-sized).
Wrap filling into tortilla with your choice of cheddar cheese, sour cream, black olives, avocado, and/or salsa. Drizzle red sauce over the top and sprinkle with more grated cheddar. Microwave for one minute, or until cheese is melted and burritos are very hot. Then I got my second wind and made them beef and bean burritos, which took.
Beef 'n Cheddar burritos step by step
- Add a splash of veg oil to a medium pan on medium-high heat. Add the onions and fry for 1 minute until softened..
- Add the beef to the pan. Use a wooden spoon or spatula to break up the meat as it cooks and browns. Let fry for about 10 minutes until mostly cooked. Use a spoon to drain away any excess oil..
- Add the garlic, salt, pepper, sugar and spices and continue frying 5 minutes until the beef is fully cooked and starting to caramelize. Stir in the tomato paste and cook another 5 minutes. Stir in the water and let it come to a simmer. Take the pan off the heat and replace it with a large nonstick pan..
- Assemble the burritos by placing 2 tbsp cheese in a small horizontal line along the centre of the tortilla. On top of that put 2 tbsp of the meat filling. Fold up the tortilla at both ends then roll the burrito away from you until you have a nice big tube. Press down lightly on the burritos to flatten them a bit..
- Brush the burritos with a little veg oil and fry them in the nonstick pan for 1 minute on each side. Serve with your favourite toppings and sauces..
These Cheesy Beef Burritos are fun to make and just as tasty to eat! Ground Beef Taco Burritos are a family favorite and a easy weeknight meal to throw together that is full of flavor and texture! Make delicious burritos a whole new way, rolled in flaky Crescents. It's a quick and easy dinner. Spoon beef mixture down center of each rectangle; sprinkle with cheese.