Best Pulled Pork in Slow Cooker. Check Out Pork Slow Cooker Recipes On eBay. Fill Your Cart With Color Today! Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Sandwiches I like to share this dish at potlucks because it can be made ahead, which I especially appreciate during the busy holiday season.
Serve the pork as is or feel free to stir in your favorite barbecue or other sauces at the end of cooking. Rubbed with a savory spice blend, this easy, crowd-pleasing slow cooker barbecue pulled pork makes the ultimate main dish for your next gathering. But rubs can rinse away in braising liquid, and with the longer cook time in a slow cooker, this is particularly an issue. You can have Best Pulled Pork in Slow Cooker using 3 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Best Pulled Pork in Slow Cooker
- Prepare 2-3 lb of frozen Boston pork roast.
- Prepare of Spice Rub.
- Prepare 1/2 Cup of Low Sodium Chicken Broth.
How to make The Best Slow Cooker Pulled Pork is a big claim but I can tell you I've tried a lot of pulled pork recipes and this one is at the top of my list! So simple yet plenty of flavor! This has been enjoyed as sandwiches, as tacos, as nachos and even just on it's own. Short of going through a major process of slow smoking the meat.
Best Pulled Pork in Slow Cooker step by step
- For this slow cooked pulled pork I started with a frozen Boston butt pork roast (2-3 lbs.) Set your slow cooker on high. Place frozen roast in slow cooker and pour about ½ cup low sodium chicken broth over the roast. You want just enough to cover the bottom of your pot. Pouring the liquid on the meat will allow the rub to stick to it easier since it’s frozen. Next generously rub the top of the roast with spice rub. You can find special blend here https://kimberlyscooking.com/recipes.
- Cover and let cook on high for exactly 2 hours. Do not remove the lid. After 2 hours turn on low and continue to cook for 6 more hours. Do not remove lid if possible. Check to make sure the liquid is not risen over the meat. I had to remove some of my liquid. The liquid should not be more than half way up the meat when cooking. You want a good crust to form on top and if the there’s too much liquid you will not get that. If you remove the lid too many times it might prolong the cooking time..
- After cooking 6 hours on low remove meat from slow cooker and place on a sheet pan to shred. Reserve some cooking liquid (about ¼ cup) and discard the rest. Place shredded meat back in slow cooker and stir with reserved cooking liquid. Cover and keep warm until ready to use..
- I like to serve it up as a sandwich with a soft bun, my homemade coleslaw, and homemade sauce. All these can be found on my website. https://kimberlyscooking.com/recipes.
Lucky for you, a slow cooker makes the drawn out process a breeze. Hi Deb, the instructions say to add the dry ingredients in a bowl, then add in the honey, vinegar, and olive oil in to make a paste that will then get poured over the pork. You can shred it in the slow cooker or pull it out on a separate dish if you like. Pour the vegetable oil into the bottom of a slow cooker. Place the pork roast into the slow cooker; pour in the barbecue sauce, apple cider vinegar, and chicken broth.