You can have Onion Focaccia using 8 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Onion Focaccia
- You need 3 tablespoons of plus 1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil.
- It's 2 pounds of homemade or store- bought pizza dough (I use i large can of Pillsbury which works great and less hassle).
- It's 5 of large red onions, thinly sliced.
- Prepare of Coarse salt and ground pepper.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of cider vinegar.
- You need 1/2 cup of grated Pecorino Romano.
- It's 1/2-1 teaspoon of redpepper flakes.
- It's 3/4 cup of pitted black Calmata olives, coarsely chopped.
Onion Focaccia step by step
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Coat an 11 by 17 inch rimmed baking sheet with 2 tablespoons oil. Place dough on sheet, stretching to fit (if dough springs back, let rest 20 minutes and repeat). Drizzle edges with 1 tablespoon oil. Cover with plastic wrap and let sit 15 minutes (no need to cover if you're using Pillsbury - just follow instruction on can)..
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat 1 teaspoon oil over mediumhigh. Add onions and season with salt and pepper. Cook, stirring occasionally, until onions are tender and golden brown in spots, about 12 minutes. Add vinegar and black olives and cook, stirring and scraping up browned bits with a wooden spoon, about 1 minute.
- Top the dough with browned onions and red pepper flakes. Bake until golden brown around edges, about 30 minutes (10 if using Pillsbury - read instructions on can). Let cool on sheet 5 minutes. Sprinkle with the grated cheese. Cut into 20 pieces and serve warm or at room temperature. Enjoy!!.