Spice Rub for Pulled Pork. Used this on a small pork roast that I cooked in the slow cooker for to make pulled pork. I pretty much reduce everything by half since I didn't need a whole lot and I used some smoked sea salt as I had that on hand. Smelled so good and tasted even better!
This quick and easy Carolina-style rub has the perfect proportions to give you the right level of salt for the sweet and the heat to make the most of you smoked pork. This recipe makes a small batch, perfect for a single pork butt, so you might want to make several batches to keep on hand. This rub has been designed specifically with pork in mind. You can cook Spice Rub for Pulled Pork using 13 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Spice Rub for Pulled Pork
- You need 2 Tsp of Kosher Salt.
- You need 1 Tsp of Fresh Ground Black Pepper.
- You need 1 Tsp of Chili Powder.
- It's 1 Tsp of Paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Garlic Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Onion Powder.
- Prepare 1 Tsp of Ground Cumin.
- Prepare 1/4 Tsp of Ground Allspice.
- You need 2 Tbsp of Light Brown Sugar.
- You need 1/4 Tsp of Cayenne Pepper.
- It's 1 Tbsp of Unsweetened Cocoa Powder.
- It's 1/2 Tsp of Dried Parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 Tsp of Dried Oregano.
With a nice balance of sweet and savory, you will find this rub will become a go-to in no time. It works well either with or without the addition of sauce. After years of grilling, the creator of this rub has learnt a thing or two about what makes a rub truly addictive. Rub the pork with your dry rub you can do this the night before or an hour before cooking.
Spice Rub for Pulled Pork instructions
- Whisk all ingredients together and store in an air tight container until ready to use..
In a roasting pan pour in juice or water add liquid smoke. Place pork on roasting rack or upside down muffin tin. In a bowl, whisk together the ancho, coriander, mustard, paprika, pepper, salt, chile de arbol, cumin and oregano until blended. Use immediately on pork roast, or store spice rub in an airtight container until ready to use. Discard any leftover rub that has come into contact with raw meat.