Acorn squash soup. Acorn squash is roasted and blended with onion, carrot, and garlic to create a smooth and delicious soup. This Easy Acorn Squash Soup Recipe is made with roasted acorn squash, carrots, celery, and cauliflower and blended with fresh garlic, ginger, and a touch of ground cinnamon for a cozy and. Acorn squash makes such a great soup as well!
PLUS, I have an exciting announcement! This is the first recipe in a week-long So I made the easiest, creamy fall soup (ever) and served it in roasted acorn squash "bowls." This acorn squash soup is a super wintertime dish and makes terrific use of the acorn and But rather than only make butternut squash soup, this one features the acorn. Serve it as a starter or. You can cook Acorn squash soup using 13 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Acorn squash soup
- Prepare 3 of small acorn squash.
- It's 1 of granny Smith apple.
- Prepare 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Prepare 1 cup of water.
- You need 2 cloves of garlic.
- Prepare of Salt n pepper.
- You need 1/2 cup of milk.
- It's 4 tbsp of sour cream.
- You need 1 tsp of cayenne.
- It's 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare Pinch of garlic powder.
- It's 4 tbsp of butter.
- Prepare of Olive oil.
Someone gave me some home-grown acorn squash and I found this recipe to use them up. Use lots of nutmeg and any kind of squash (acorn, butternut, hubbard) you'd like. This roasted acorn squash soup is incredibly easy to make, requiring a just a little sautéing, roasting, and blending. The soup is packed with warm winter squash flavor, is nothing but nutritious.
Acorn squash soup instructions
- Cube and roast the squash with drizzled oil for 30 mins at 400 ° F..
- Cut apple and chop garlic, throw in pan on medium with butter for a few mins.
- Once squash is done, put that shiz in the pan with the broth, water, milk, sour cream. Bring to boil and simmer for 10 mins..
- Get the food processor out, blend up that yellow goodness and throw it back in the pan. Finish with some salt n pepa to flavour. Add paprika, garlic powder, and cayenne and simmer for another 10 mins..
I haven't made this acorn squash soup since I first made it for the original blog post, and I forgot just how good it is! This Acorn squash soup is just one of many squash recipes I've been whipping up lately! Well I recently joined a new CSA and their squash collection has been on point. Roasted apple and acorn squash soup - Caroline's Cooking. Roasted apple and acorn squash soup is so easy to make, smooth and comforting.