Creamy hash browns (slow cooker). Packaged hash brown potatoes and canned soup make for quick work of scalloped potatoes and ham. Tossing the dry potatoes with melted butter preserves their shape during the long, slow cook time. Sprinkle canned French-fried onions on top of the finished casserole for added crunch and flavor.
This dish is also great to take to parties. Coat the inside of a slow cooker with cooking spray or butter. Spoon the hashbrown mixture into the slow cooker. You can have Creamy hash browns (slow cooker) using 9 ingredients and 1 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Creamy hash browns (slow cooker)
- It's 2 packages of thawed hash brown potatoes, approx. 1lb. each.
- It's 2 cup of Velveeta shredded or cubed cheese (8 ozs).
- It's 16 oz of sour cream (2 cups - I recommend Daisy Light).
- Prepare 1 can of condensed cream of celery soup undiluted (10 3/4 ozs).
- Prepare 1 can of condensed cream of chicken soup undiluted (10 3/4 ozs).
- You need 1 lb of sliced bacon, cooked and crumbled.
- Prepare 1 of large onion chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of butter melted (1/2 stick).
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of pepper.
In this video I make a deliciously creamy slow cooker hash brown that is incredibly tasty & slightly unhealthy. This dish is amazing just by itself but also. This slow cooker recipe from Taste of Home uses Velveeta cheese, sour cream, cream of celery soup and cream of chicken soup to give these hash browns a texture that is creamy and anything but plain. Bacon, onions and pepper add additional flavor.
Creamy hash browns (slow cooker) instructions
- Place potatoes in an ungreased 5 qt. slow cooker. In a bowl, mix all other ingredients well. Pour over potatoes and mix well. Cook on low 4 to 5 hours or until potatoes are tender and heated through. Makes 14 servings..
You'll need a five-quart slow cooker for this recipe. Combine hash browns, milk, bacon, cream cheese, onion, cheeses, and green onions in the bowl of a slow cooker. Make wells on top of the cooked. Add the mixture to the slow cooker and stir to combine with the hash browns. This slow cooker take on a classic hash brown casserole is creamy, cheesy, and packed with potato flavor.