Cumin Rubbed Roasted Acorn Squash with Sage Garlic Butter. Acorn squashes aren't quite as tough and formidable as butternut squashes, but you need to use a You could also add a scoop of brown sugar, or nestle a few garlic cloves into the bowl of each Pasta dinner: Squash and pasta are great together. Add some brown butter and sage, and you have the. This Roasted Acorn Squash is one of my favorite side dishes to make in the fall, and it's one of the easiest acorn squash recipes you can make!
Added garlic and pine nuts make it over-the-top delicious. Spread it out on a baking sheet and roast it in the oven until it's tender and slightly caramelized. While the squash is roasting, sauté garlic, freshly chopped sage and pine nuts. You can have Cumin Rubbed Roasted Acorn Squash with Sage Garlic Butter using 8 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Cumin Rubbed Roasted Acorn Squash with Sage Garlic Butter
- It's 1 of acorn squash (butternut or kabocha squash work too).
- Prepare 1 Tbsp of olive or vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1-2 tsp of ground cumin.
- It's to taste of Salt & pepper.
- It's 2 tsp of sage.
- You need 1 clove of garlic.
- Prepare 2 Tbsp of unsalted butter.
- You need handful of pecans, walnuts or other nuts (optional - to garnish).
Roasted Acorn Squash with Crispy Yellow PeasLovePulses. cumin seeds, coriander seeds, arugula, olive oil Roasted Acorn Squash with Sausage-Cranberry StuffingBetter Homes and Gardens. Roasted Acorn Squash with Quinoa and PistachiosWeekly Greens. quinoa, kosher salt, chopped. Roasted Acorn Squash w/ Sage, Pine Nuts & of course, Butter. Baked acorn squash topped with butter and garlic is a quick and easy side dish for the autumn dinner table.
Cumin Rubbed Roasted Acorn Squash with Sage Garlic Butter instructions
- Ingredients! Go ahead and preheat oven to 450F/230C. Wash off any dirt from the squashes skin. Cut the squash in half with a heavy knife and scoop out the seeds..
- Drizzle a little oil over the inside of the squash halves, sprinkle with a good amount of cumin and some salt & pepper. Rub it in with your hands..
- Lightly grease baking pan with oil. Place squash, cut-side down, onto the pan..
- Bake for 35-45 minutes until it's soft enough to easily pierce with a fork. Remove from oven and let cool..
- Slice garlic thinly and chop up the sage leaves if using fresh ones. On medium-low heat, melt about 2 Tbsp butter in a pot or pan. Add garlic and sage..
- Fry sage and garlic until garlic is light brown. The butter may brown a little but that's okay. Just keep an eye on it so the butter or the garlic doesn't burn! Remove from heat when finished..
- Cut squash into smaller wedges if desired and arrange on a plate..
- Pour over the sage-garlic butter with a spoon. Add salt & pepper if needed..
- As an option, garnish with pecans, walnuts, hazelnuts, etc. for extra nutty taste! Yum!.
All Reviews for Garlic Butter Acorn Squash. A few great ways to cook acorn squash. Juices from cumin-rubbed chicken thighs season sweet roasted grapes, fennel, and squash in this simple yet flavorful Team Mag founder Sage Grace Dolan-Sandrino wants to change the world with storytelling. As a side, drizzle your roasted acorn squash with a little maple syrup and serve with baked chicken, garlic butter steak bites, your next holiday ham, or garlic herb. Rinse the sage and pat dry.