Ham and Cheese Potato Soup. Ham, Potato, and Cheese Soup Ham, Potato, and Cheese Soup. In a saucepan, bring potatoes and water to a boil. In a large saucepan, saute ham and onion in butter until onion is tender.
Stir in the chicken bouillon, salt (if using), and pepper. In separate saucepan, melt butter over medium-low heat. Whisk in flour and cook stirring constantly until thick. You can have Ham and Cheese Potato Soup using 10 ingredients and 2 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Ham and Cheese Potato Soup
- It's 4 of baking potatoes, peeled and diced.
- You need 1 of small onion, diced.
- Prepare 2 stalks of celery, diced small.
- You need 6 of baby carrots, diced small.
- It's 1/2 lb of deli ham, diced small.
- Prepare 1 quart of chicken broth, I used my own homemade because I have it. Boxed is fine.
- You need 1 1/2 cups of cheese of choice.
- Prepare 2 cups of half and half.
- You need of Green onions, sliced optional.
- It's of Salt pepper onion and garlic powders.
A quick and easy classic loaded with veggies, chicken broth, half and half, potatoes, leftover ham, sour cream, cheddar cheese, and swiss cheese! Full of ham, potatoes, carrots, and corn it all comes together so well and makes this soup delicious. But the cheddar base of this soup was hands down my favorite part! You will not believe how amazing the real cheddar cheese tastes and adds such great flavor to this soup.
Ham and Cheese Potato Soup step by step
- Sauté your onions, celery, and carrots in a little olive oil. Add seasonings. Add the ham. Pour in the broth and add the potatoes..
- Cook til potatoes are tender. Lower heat and add half and half. I mash my potatoes with a potato masher but leave it chunky. Stir in cheese and cook on low until it all melts and melds. Spoon it up and garnish with green onions. We have crusty bread and butter and sliced sharp cheddar slices on the side..
This Cheesy Ham and Potato Soup is simple and DELICIOUS!! With potatoes, ham, cheese, scallions, and yummy spices, this soup is FULL of flavor! We tend to have leftover ham after holidays like Christmas and Easter, which is perfect for using in this soup! We also use leftovers for ham and bean soup, or cheesy ham chowder. This rich, thick, and creamy soup is a great way to use up leftover holiday ham!