Pot Roast. Pot roasts typically use the tougher cuts of beef—a chuck roast or shoulder roast—which have the most flavor. For pot roasts, and other slow cooked tough meats, fat is your friend! Pot roast is a beef dish made by slow-cooking a usually tough cut of beef in moist heat, sometimes with vegetables.
Make it unique with beer, cranberries or wine! Pot Roast - fall apart beef, tender flavour infused vegetables and potatoes smothered in a rich gravy. It's mouthwateringly good, yet simple to make, especially if you use a slow cooker. You can cook Pot Roast using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Pot Roast
- Prepare 3-4 lb of pot roast.
- It's 1 of box Lipton Obion Mushroom recipe soup and dip mix.
- It's of salt.
- It's of pepper.
- Prepare 1 lb of carrots.
- It's 8-10 of idaho potatoes.
To most people, "pot roast" means slow-cooked beef with carrots, potatoes, or other vegetables added partway through cooking. The term actually refers either to the cooking method or the dish. On this episode of Basics, I'm going to show you how to make two different kinds of pot roast: a classic Yankee roast that's as American as apple pie. Pot roast is a classic comfort food and the ultimate way to feed a crowd.
Pot Roast step by step
- Preheat oven to 300..
- Salt and pepper roast in pan.
- Empty both liptons packets into bowl and add hot water. Whisk to mix..
- Pour mixture over roast and add arm water until roast is almost covered..
- Cover roast with tin foil and put in oven for 5 hours..
- Wash and peel carrtsand potatoes and add to roast pan..
- Increase oven temp to 350 and cook for an additional hour to hour and 15 minutes..
Simply add all the ingredients to a slow cooker or Crock Pot, and you'll have dinner ready when you get home from work. A pot roast is a delicious, hearty, and relatively inexpensive meal that is a staple for many families. Pot roasts are perfect for cool weather meals, and preparation is so easy. A delicious seasoned pot roast is slow cooked until tender, then baked beans are added to the pot. Slow Cooker Pot Roast is the ultimate comfort food!