Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash.
You can have Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash using 23 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash
- You need of Squash.
- You need 2 small of Acorn squash.
- You need 1 tbsp of butter melted.
- It's 1/4 tsp of ground sage.
- It's 1/4 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1 tsp of brown sugar.
- You need of Stuffing.
- It's 1 lb of pork sausage.
- You need 1 small of red onion diced.
- Prepare 2 of ribs of celery diced.
- Prepare 6 of mushrooms chopped.
- It's 1 of apple peeled and grated.
- It's 1 tsp of garlic.
- You need 3 tbsp of fresh parsley.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of ground sage.
- It's 1 cup of fine breadcrumbs.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of parmesan cheese.
- You need 1/2 cup of dried cranberries chopped.
- You need 1/4 cup of chopped walnuts.
- It's 1/2 tsp of garlic.
- Prepare 1 of egg beaten with 1 tsp milk.
- You need 1/2 tsp of salt.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of pepper.
Sausage Stuffed Acorn Squash instructions
- Cut squash in half and remove the seeds.
- Melt 1 tbsp butter and add sage and garlic powder.
- Paint the inside of the squash with butter mixture and bake in the oven at 350°F for 40 mins. If squash looks dry cover with tinfoil to help steam it for 15 mins.
- Fry off pork sausage, drain fat, reserve 2-3 tbsps of fat for frying vegetables. Put cooked pork in a large bowl, set aside.
- In frying pan add onion cook till translucent, add celery cook 2-3 mins, add mushrooms cook 2-3 mins, add apple cook 2-3 mins then add to pork in the bowl.
- In the bowl with the pork and veg add salt and pepper to taste, sage, breadcrumbs, cranberries, walnuts, parsley, parmesan, garlic and beaten egg and mix well with your hands.
- Divide the sausage mixture into 4 portions and fill the squash return to the oven for another 30 mins.
- Serve with steamed veg on the side and chunk of buttery garlic bread.