Vanilla Creme Brûlée.
You can have Vanilla Creme Brûlée using 4 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Vanilla Creme Brûlée
- Prepare 6 large of egg yolks.
- It's 6 tbsp of Granulated sugar.
- You need 1 of Vanilla bean split lengthwise.
- Prepare 1 1/2 cup of Heavy whipping cream.
Vanilla Creme Brûlée step by step
- Preheat the oven to 325°F..
- Whisk yolks and 6 TBsp sugar in a medium mixing bowl to blend..
- Scape seeds from vanilla bean and add to yolk/sugar mixture..
- Gradually whisk the cream into the sugar..
- Divide the mixture among (6) 3/4 cup ramekins..
- Arrange dishes in a 13x9x2 inch baking pan or dish. Pour enough hot water into pan to come halfway up the sides of the dishes..
- Bake custards 35-40 minutes until the custard has set. Do not overbake or your custard will be rubbery..
- Remove the pan from the oven and remove custard cups from the water..
- Allow custards to cool before placing in the refrigerator. Chill for 2 hours..
- Just before serving, sprinkle enough granulated sugar on top of the custard to coat. Using a kitchen torch, burn the sugar in a circular motion. You should see the sugar move a bit and bubble. Allow maybe a second or two past that and move to the next area until the entire custard has been completed. Should you not own a torch, place the custards on a baking sheet and place in a boiler, rotating for even browning of the sugar..