You can have 1-Hour Focaccia using 9 ingredients and 8 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of 1-Hour Focaccia
- It's 3/4 cup of Warm Water.
- You need 1 teaspoon of Dry Yeast.
- Prepare 1 tablespoon of Sugar.
- It's 2 tablespoons of Olive Oil.
- You need 2 cups of Bread Flour.
- It's 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder.
- Prepare 1/2 teaspoon of Salt.
- It's of Extra Olive Oil.
- Prepare of Salt & Herbs for topping.
1-Hour Focaccia instructions
- Place Warm Water, Dry Yeast and Sugar in a bowl, mix gently and set aside..
- Place Bread Flour, Baking Powder and Salt in a large heat-proof bowl, and mix to combine. Make a well in the centre and pour in the yeast mixture and Olive Oil. Mix well to form a soft dough. Knead for 2 to 3 minutes, adding extra flour if required, until smooth and elastic..
- Cover the dough with plastic wrap. Heat in the microwave on low power (150 to 200W) for 30 seconds, and set aside in a warm place for 20 minutes..
- After 20 minutes, punch down the dough slightly, then heat in the microwave on low power (150 to 200W) for 30 seconds again..
- Transfer the dough on a lightly oiled baking tray OR lined with baking paper. Using your fingers, flatten the dough to 30cm in length and about 1cm thick. *Note: Drizzle some Olive Oil over the dough will make it easier to flatten..
- Cover with plastic wrap again and let rise in a warm place for 20 minutes. Preheat oven to 220℃..
- Drizzle some Olive Oil, sprinkle 1 pinch Salt and some Herbs over, and bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until golden. *Tips: Spread some Garlic Butter instead of Olive Oil, Salt and Herbs to make Garlic Focaccia..
- *Note: If you can’t use the oven, you can cook it using a frying pan, grill pan, hotplate, etc. Cook 4 to 5 minutes over low heat on each side..