Irenea's Apple Tart.
You can have Irenea's Apple Tart using 7 ingredients and 16 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Irenea's Apple Tart
- You need 150 grams of butter.
- It's 70 grams of powdered sugar.
- It's 3 medium of eggs.
- Prepare 1 medium of lemon or lime.
- Prepare 450 grams of Apple (crispy & tart).
- It's 150 grams of orange marmalade.
- It's 200 grams of all purpose flour.
Irenea's Apple Tart step by step
- Preheat oven 180C.
- Mix flour, butter (cut in small cubes), lemon rinds.
- Add 2 egg yolks.
- Mix until you form into a ball.
- Put in a bowl, cover with plastic wrap & refrigerate.
- Divide into 2 & roll out on a lightly floured surface.
- Put at bottom of pan & leave some excess at the edge.
- Bake 15-20 minutes.
- Meantime, core & cut apple into slivers & add the lemon juice.
- Alternate layers: apple slices then thin layer of orange marmalade then apples last.
- Cover with the 2nd dough & pinch edges closed.
- Warm an egg with some milk & brush this over the crust.
- Make a crisscut on top so that the inside doesnt pop when it is getting baked.
- Bake 30 minutes till golden brown.
- Put on a serving dish (we like this with a cup of freshly brewed coffee).