Apple Sage Bourbon Pork Chops. Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Stir in juice, sugar and remaining seasoned flour until well mixed. Make pork chops with an apple, honey, and whiskey glaze, or just use the glaze itself to baste a special baked ham.
Cut apples into chunks - quarter the apple, then cut each quarter into thirds lengthwise, then cut each slice in half crosswise. Add pork chops - you can either remove the apples, brown the chops and then add the apples back or just. Pork chops are versatile and low in calories, a brilliantly nutritious cut of meat. You can have Apple Sage Bourbon Pork Chops using 14 ingredients and 12 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Apple Sage Bourbon Pork Chops
- It's 6 of bone in 1/2 inch thick pork chop.
- It's 1/2 cup of bourbon.
- You need 6 of Apples diced, I prefer honey crisp.
- It's 3 sprigs of sage- fresh.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of Apple Cider.
- Prepare 1/3 cup of Apple Cider Vinegar.
- It's 1 TBSP of Worchester.
- You need 2 TBSP of brown sugar.
- You need 2 tablespoons of butter.
- Prepare 2 of shallots.
- You need 1 of Or 2 sweet onions.
- Prepare 3 of acorn squash.
- Prepare of 6 tbsp of brown sugar for squash.
- Prepare 6 tbsp of butter for squash, 1 tbsp each.
Cooked with sage, braeburn apples and raddichio. This pork chops with apples and onions dish is a deliciously light and flavorful meal that's perfect for Fall. Plus, it's all made in ONE pan! Cook pork chops in hot oil in large skillet on medium-high heat until browned on both sides.
Apple Sage Bourbon Pork Chops instructions
- Take your pork chops and soak in mildly warm salt water for 45 minutes on counter, pat pork dry set aside on plate.
- Prepare sea salt and course black pepper. Grind sprinkle on pork chops while heating your cast iron pan on hot w 2 TBSP of olive oil. Let it smoke mildly, then turn down to 6 or 7. Add 2 tbsp butter.
- Brown pork chops once pan is hot. 2-3 minutes on each side until the seat is brown.. do not burn. Turn heat to 7. Set each chop aside in another enamel o en safe pan. Oven needs to be heated to 275. Scrap bowl bits from cast iron pan into new pan w chops..
- Take apples, add nutmeg and cinnamon to apples, set aside.
- Add all liquid together to make sauce- whisk and put in Apple over pork, then pour liquid over after mixed..
- Add sage around edges of dish in liquid..
- In another pan add 2 tbsp butter, carmelize butter and onions along w rosemary and other Provence style herbs. Add over apples..
- Liquid should cover chops, if it does not add more Apple Cider until liquid covers most of chops. Cook for 3 hours on 275. Using a baster after 2 hours rotate pork and baste..
- On a separate cookie sheet pan, place 1/2 acorn squash, scope out middles, wrap in tin foil, add butter and brown sugar wrap each one up, place on sheet in oven..
- Cook all items for 3 hours on 275..
- Once timer is off, check chops and baste or use a ladle to take out liquid. Use a separate pot to make gravy. Add cornstarch to hot liquid from chops and apples !! Add cornstarch to thicken..
- Serve w squash, pork and apples and onions!! Yummy...
Pork chops seasoned with garlic, salt, pepper, and sage, then cooked in a heavy cast iron skillet with olive oil and butter until browned. Then, they simmer in a creamy apple cider sage sauce and are topped with caramelized apples. Take the pork chops and remove the fat because there is no way it'll cook in the time it takes to cook the meat. Rub the paste into each of the chops. These pork chops are going to be a date night favorite in your household this fall.