Focaccia. Focaccia is a flat oven-baked Italian bread product similar in style and texture to pizza dough. Focaccia can be used as a side to many meals or as sandwich bread. Focaccia is a delicious Italian flat bread flavored with a extra-virgin olive oil, rosemary and flaky sea salt for the classic version.
Save Recipe. (Chef's Note: This may seem excessive, but focaccia is an oily crusted bread. This is why it is soooooooooo delicious!). This focaccia recipe is as fuss-free as bread recipes go. You can have Focaccia using 6 ingredients and 7 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Focaccia
- It's 250 grams of strong white bread flour.
- You need 1 tsp of salt.
- It's 7 grams of sachet of dried yeast.
- Prepare 1 tbsp of olive oil.
- It's 200 ml of cold water.
- You need 1 of olive oil and sea salt for the finishing touches.
The dough comes together quickly in the This recipe leaves so much room for experimentation, too. I've been making so much focaccia at. Serve our rosemary focaccia alongside pasta dishes or enjoy with green salads. Make a simple, homemade version of this classic Italian bread.
Focaccia step by step
- Place the dried ingredients in a bowl, then add the olive oil and 150 ml of the water. Stir to form a dough, then knead for ten minutes while you gradually add the remaining water. You can also do this in a food mixer using a hook if you prefer..
- Lightly oil a work surface then tip out the dough and knead for a further five minutes. Now oil the inside of a clean (large!) bowl and put the dough inside. Cover with a tea towel and leave in a warm place until the dough has doubled in size..
- Once the dough has risen, you need to punch it a few times. Then tip the dough onto a large baking sheet lined with greaseproof paper, flatten it and pull it into the corners so that it's the right shape. Leave to prove for another hour..
- During the time, preheat the oven to 220°C. Before baking, press your fingers into the dough to make dimples, then drizzle the loaf with olive oil and sprinkle over the sea salt..
- If you're adding cooked red onions etc, nows the time to do that..
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes..
- Best served hot, with an extra drizzle of olive oil..
Serve our rosemary focaccia alongside pasta dishes. Focaccia is our favorite yeast-bread to make at home. It has a crisp outside and soft inside, and is All-purpose flour is perfect for making focaccia bread. You can use bread flour, but the bread will be a. An Italian olive-oil bread, quite flat and usually round or square-shaped.