Halloumi cheese & mixed beans salad. Halloumi is a semi-hard cheese typically made from the milk of goats, sheep, or cows. Although it has been enjoyed for hundreds of years in Cyprus, it has recently surged in popularity and can now. Halloumi is a Cypriot cheese traditionally made from goat's and sheep's milk, or a mixture of the two.
Halloumi or haloumi (/ h ə ˈ l uː m i /) is a semi-hard, unripened, brined cheese made from a mixture of goat's and sheep's milk, and sometimes also cow's milk. It has a high melting point and so can easily be fried or grilled. This property makes it a popular meat substitute. You can have Halloumi cheese & mixed beans salad using 15 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Halloumi cheese & mixed beans salad
- You need 100 Grams of Halloumi Cheese.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of broad beans.
- You need 3 Tablespoons of white beans.
- Prepare 3 Tablespoons of kidney beans.
- It's 3 Tablespoons of chickpeas.
- It's 2 Tablespoons of Green sprouts.
- It's 1 of onion sliced.
- It's of coriander for garnishing.
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of Sesame seeds (dry roasted).
- It's 1 Tablespoon of Olive oil.
- You need 1 Tablespoon of honey.
- It's 1 Teaspoon of Mustard (Crushed).
- Prepare 1 Teaspoon of lemon juice.
- It's 1 Teaspoon of black pepper freshly cracked.
- You need To Taste of salt.
Its texture is similar to that of mozzarella or thick feta, except that it has a strong, salty flavour imbibed from the brine preserve. Cooking the Halloumi removes all its saltiness and empowers it with a creamy texture. Halloumi takes the concept of "grilled cheese" literally. This cheese won't be constrained between two slices of bread.
Halloumi cheese & mixed beans salad step by step
- Soak all the beans for 8 hrs and pressure cook them for 5-7 mins or 2 whistles only..
- Cut the halloumi cheese into 2 inch long strips, add little olive oil on a pan and grill the halloumi cheese from both sides. keep aside.
- In a deep bowl mix all the beans & slice onions..
- Whisk the mustard powder with little water for 2 mins, it should become light and color should change to white. This will be used in the dressing.
- Prepare dressing by mixing all the ingredients (olive oil, Honey, Lemon juice, mustard, freshly cracked pepper &Salt). Mix the dressing with the help of a whisk for a minute..
- Add this dressing in the beans & onions.Toss the salad Garnish with sesame seeds which are dry roasted Serve chilled..
It dives directly onto the grill. Because halloumi cheese is firm and has a high melting point, it won't turn into messy, melt-through-the-grill-grates goo. Halloumi is a white cheese from Cyprus made from a blend of sheep and goat's milk. The flavor is mild but salty and the taste is similar to that of mozzarella cheese. Some types of halloumi have dried herbs such as mint or oregano added as well.