Classic Crème Brûlée.
You can cook Classic Crème Brûlée using 5 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Classic Crème Brûlée
- It's 2 Cups (480 mL) of Heavy whipping cream (35%).
- You need 6 Pcs of Egg yolks.
- It's 5 Tbsp (75 g) of White sugar.
- It's 1 1/2 Tsp (7.5 mL) of Vanilla extract.
- Prepare of White sugar for caramelization.
Classic Crème Brûlée instructions
- In a medium sized bowl, add the white sugar (75 g) and 6 pieces of egg yolks, mix until combined..
- Add the heavy whipping cream (480 mL) into a sauce pan. With constant stirring, bring it to simmer with medium heat, avoid boiling..
- Strain the cream immediately as soon as it starts simmering. Set it aside to cool down for 20 minutes..
- Preheat the oven at 165°C..
- Then, slowly pour the cream into the egg mixture gradually and whisk them together in a bowl. Add the vanilla extract 1 1/2 tsp (7.5 mL) into the mixture and mix well..
- Pour and sieve through the cream and egg mixture into SIX ramekins. Put them in a casserole tray, and then fill the casserole tray with boiling water at two-thirds the height of the ramekins..
- Cover the whole casserole tray with aluminium foil, ensure it is well wrapped..
- Place in the 165°C oven and bake for about 40 minutes. Baking time is dependent on the size and depth of your ramekins..
- Remove from the oven and unwrap the aluminium foil. Let them cool down completely until room temperature. After that, cover the ramekins with cling film and put in the refrigerator for 3 hours..
- Take them out from refrigerator after chilling and place white sugar on top of the creme. Caramelize the sugar by using a blow torch, forming a glass-like layer on the creme..