Stuffed acorn squash. All our favorite fall flavors come together in this surprisingly easy and super flavorful stuffed acorn squash. Acorn squash halves are filled with butter, brown sugar, stuffing mix, chicken broth and savory spices, and baked. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese, if desired.
This roasted acorn squash is stuffed to the max with absolutely everything you're craving! Savory sausage, veggies, and herbs with sweet apples and raisins make this the ultimate stuffed roasted. Stuffed Acorn Squash with quinoa, cranberry, chickpeas and pecan is the simplest recipe with minimal ingredients. You can have Stuffed acorn squash using 11 ingredients and 4 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Stuffed acorn squash
- It's 1 of acorn squash.
- It's 1/4 cup of quinoa rinsed and drained.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of vegetable broth.
- Prepare 2 tsp of olive oil.
- You need 1/4 cup of sliced green onions.
- It's 1 tsp of chopped garlic.
- It's 1/4 cup of dried cranberries.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of chopped pecans.
- Prepare 1/4 cup of cannellini beans drained and rinsed.
- It's 1/2 tsp of grated orange peel.
- Prepare 1 tbs of fresh chopped parsley.
Stuffed acorn squash filled with brown rice, lean ground beef, tomatoes and warming spices is a comforting and splendidly colorful dish loaded with earthy and delicious flavors. Kathleen Moretto was in the mood for something simple and seasonal when she came up with this baked, stuffed acorn squash. The best vegetarian stuffed acorn squash? It's roasted until tender and draped in a fall-scented Ready for the best stuffed acorn squash recipe?
Stuffed acorn squash instructions
- Preheat oven to 375° Spray baking pan with cooking spray. Cut squash in half, remove seeds. Slice the bottom of each half so squash will sit flat. Place squash cut sides down in pan, bake 30 minutes..
- Meanwhile in a saucepan heat vegetable broth to boiling. Add quinoa, reduce heat, cover with lid and simmer 15 minutes..
- In a skillet over medium heat cook onions and garlic for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat, add all remaining ingredients except parsley and stir well..
- Remove squash from oven, turn squash cut sides up. Divide the mixture evenly and stuff the squash pressing down and form a slight mound over top. Cover loosely with foil. Bake 20-30 minutes until squash is tender and filling is heated through. Sprinkle with parsley and serve..
Alex and I have made many acorn squash recipes. Stuffed acorn squash officially marks Fall cooking in my kitchen. This stuffed acorn squash recipe is surprisingly easy. Think sweet tender squash roasted in the oven while you quickly prep a delicious. This Stuffed Acorn Squash filled with Quinoa Stuffing makes a beautiful and filling vegan main course.