Pulled Pork. Easy slow cooker pork shoulder is excellent for making delicious pulled pork sandwiches or serving as an entree. Serve over rice or with Hawaiian sweet bread for a yummy little sandwich. I like to top the pulled pork with sliced roasted red peppers, blue cheese, and chimichurri sauce to make a delicious sandwich with Argentinean flavor.
There's nothing like an overstuffed pulled pork sandwich on a game day. Slow-cook the meat and dig in with coleslaw and pickles. This easy Pulled Pork recipe is made with pork shoulder (or butt), pantry spices and coke to tenderize the meat and add sweetness to the seasonings. You can have Pulled Pork using 13 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Pulled Pork
- Prepare 4 lbs of pork butt or shoulder.
- Prepare 3 tbs of brown sugar.
- You need 3 tsp of salt.
- You need 1 tsp of ground mustard.
- You need 1 tsp of black pepper.
- You need 1 tsp of onion powder.
- You need 1 tsp of paprika.
- Prepare 1/2 tsp of garlic powder.
- Prepare 1/4 tsp of cayenne pepper.
- It's 1 cup of apple juice.
- Prepare 1 tbs of Worcestershire sauce.
- You need 1 tsp of liquid smoke.
- It's 2 cups of or so Bbq sauce of your choice.
The result if perfect, tender and juicy pork cooked in the oven, slow cooker or instant pot! Whether you're planning food for a party, BBQ, or a simple weeknight dinner, this pulled pork recipe is a guaranteed crowd pleaser. Trim excess fat from pork and cut into large pieces to fit in a large Dutch oven. In a small bowl, combine brown sugar, salt, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder.
Pulled Pork instructions
- Trim fat from pork roast. Cut roast into 4 pieces..
- Add all dry ingredients to a bowl and whisk together. Add pork roast chunks to bowl and make sure well coated..
- Add pork loin in a 4 - 6 quart crock pot or instant pot pressure cooker and pour in apple juice, Worcester and liquid smoke..
- Cover and cook in crock pot until fall apart tender - low 8 to 10 hours, high 5-6 hours. In the instant pot make sure lid is not venting, set manual cook for 45 minutes. Open steam vent at end if cook time, remove lid when safe..
- Remove pork to a large bowl and shred with 2 forks. Add your favorite BBQ sauce as desired. Or use the juice from crock pot – it’s loaded with awesome flavor!.
This pulled pork recipe is requested at every get-together we go to. It's so fall-off-the-bone tender and packed with flavor you don't even need BBQ sauce. It honestly makes the best pulled pork sandwich ever. Bring out your inner BBQ master with this Slow Cooker Pulled Pork recipe. Once the pork roast is cooked and tender, shred it up and choose your level of spice by adding in your family's favorite BBQ sauce for delicious smoky or spicy pulled pork that makes you the kitchen hero.