Rigatoni w/ Pepperjack Cream Sauce.
You can cook Rigatoni w/ Pepperjack Cream Sauce using 13 ingredients and 10 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Rigatoni w/ Pepperjack Cream Sauce
- Prepare 1 lb of rigatoni.
- Prepare 2 C of + 1/2 C shredded pepperjack cheese.
- Prepare 1/2 stick of butter.
- It's 2 T of flour.
- It's 1 C of milk.
- It's 2 t of smoked paprika.
- Prepare 1 lb of ground beef.
- It's 2 t of coriander.
- You need 1 t of onion powder.
- Prepare 1/2 t of garlic powder.
- It's 1 of large tomato; seeded & small dice.
- You need 1/2 bundle of cilantro; chiffonade.
- It's as needed of kosher salt & black pepper.
Rigatoni w/ Pepperjack Cream Sauce step by step
- Cook pasta in boiling, salted water until al dente..
- Add ground beef to a heated pan with no oil or butter..
- Season beef with salt, pepper, coriander, onion powder, and garlic powder..
- Cook until thoroughly browned on each side..
- When beef is nearly fully cooked, add tomatoes. Cook 2 minutes..
- Heat butter in a medium saucepot. When butter begins to brown, add paprika then flour slowly while whisking. Add milk slowly while whisking vigorously to avoid clumps. Continue to stir and cook on medium-high heat until milk begins to simmer. (Milk needs to be hot enough to melt the cheese smoothly into the sauce).
- Add cheese slowly. Whisk until smooth. Add a large pinch of salt and pepper. Cook on medium heat until slightly thickened, about 5 minutes..
- Toss beef, sauce, and pasta together. Fold in remaining cheese..
- Garnish with cilantro.
- Variations; Pumpkin, colby jack, mozzarella, parmesean, cheddar, chihuahua, queso fresco, serrano, ancho chile, chipotle, jalapeños, sour cream, crema, tomato puree, smoked paprika, smoked cumin, cayenne, crushed pepper flakes, red onion, garlic, shallot, habanero, bacon, oregano, Mexican oregano, coriander, zucchini, yellow squash, scallions, eggplant, pork, bell peppers, pinto beans, sofrito, beer, tequila, thyme, corn, chayote, roasted vegetables, sweet potato, lime.