You can cook Rigatoni All'Amatriciana using 10 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you achieve that.
Ingredients of Rigatoni All'Amatriciana
- You need 1 lb of rigatoni.
- It's 1/4 cup of extra-virgin olive oil.
- You need 1/4 lb of thick cut bacon, sliced crosswise 1/4 inch thick (vegetarians can skip the bacon).
- You need 1 of medium red onion, halved and thinly sliced.
- You need 1/4 cup of tomato paste.
- You need 2 tsp of crushed red pepper.
- It's 1 1/4 cup of strained tomatoes.
- It's 1/2 cup of freshly grated pecorino cheese, plus more serving.
- Prepare 1/2 cup of chopped parsley, plus more for garnish.
- It's 1 of salt and pepper.
Rigatoni All'Amatriciana instructions
- In a large saucepan, cook the rigatoni until al dente. Drain the pasta, reserve 1 cup of the cooking water..
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil. Add the bacon and onion and cook over moderately high heat, stirring occasionally, until the onion is softened and the bacon is browned, 5-7 minutes. Add the tomato paste and crushed red pepper and cook, stirring, for 1 minute. Stir in the strained tomatoes and bring the sauce to a simmer..
- Add the pasta and reserved cooking water to the sauce and cook over moderate heat, tossing, until the pasta is coated. Remove from the heat and stir in the 1/2 cup of cheese and parsley. Season the pasta with salt and black pepper and transfer to bowls. Garnish with more chopped parsley..