Roasted Acorn Squash & Raisin Rice. This Roasted Acorn Squash is one of my favorite side dishes to make in the fall, and it's one of the easiest acorn squash recipes you can make! Squash is one of those ingredients where you don't. Acorn squashes aren't quite as tough and formidable as butternut squashes, but you need to use a chef's knife to cut this squash in half, or at least another heavy-duty knife that has some real heft to it.
Easy roasted acorn squash recipe is a delicious and simple Fall side dish. It's made of acorn squash, and a sprinkling of spices. Acorn squash can be served sweet, savory, and everything in between! You can have Roasted Acorn Squash & Raisin Rice using 12 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook it.
Ingredients of Roasted Acorn Squash & Raisin Rice
- Prepare 1 of acorn squash; peeled, de-seeded, & medium dice.
- Prepare 1 C of long grain rice.
- It's 1 1/2 C of chicken stock.
- You need 1 of yellow onion; medium dice.
- It's 2 cloves of garlic; minced.
- You need 1/3 C of raisins.
- You need 2 t of cumin.
- Prepare 3/4 t of cayenne pepper.
- Prepare 1/2 t of dried thyme.
- You need 2 T of butter.
- It's 1 of large pinch kosher salt & black pepper.
- It's of olive oil; as needed.
It is a great comfort food, perfect for those chilly fall or winter nights. Keyword acorn squash, How to cook acorn squash, how to roast acorn squash, roasted acorn squash. Acorn is not a flashy squash like delicata, or a meaty fall and winter workhorse like butternut, but it's tender and delicate, with a subtly sweet and earthy flavor that takes well to butter and brown sugar. Chef Richard Ingraham provides a quick and easy recipe for making roasted acorn squash.
Roasted Acorn Squash & Raisin Rice step by step
- Toss acorn squash with enough oil to coat. Season with salt, pepper, and 1 t cumin. Roast at 400° for approximately 15 minutes or until squash is caramelized and tender..
- Puree squash with chicken stock in a food processor. Empty contents into a saucepot. Reduce to 1 C..
- Heat butter in a seperate small saucepot. Add rice, onion, thyme, cumin, cayenne, salt, and pepper. Stir and cook 1 minute. Add garlic. Cook for another 30 seconds..
- Add hot chicken stock and raisins. Bring to a simmer. Cover. Bake in oven at 350° for approximately 20 minutes or until liquid has absorbed. Fluff with fork..
- Variations; Rum, apple, bell peppers, bacon, apple cider vinegar, allspice, ginger, honey, coconut milk, clove, celery, mint, maple, orange, parsley, pecan, pistachios, pine nuts, sage, savory, soy, vanilla, curry, brown sugar, dried cranberry or plum, nutmeg, Grand Marnier, lemon, amaretto, currants, brown butter.
The web-series was filmed at Miami Dade's Culinary Institute. I'm obsessed with winter squash, especially when it's roasted. Acorn squash is one of my favorite For me winter squash is just one more amazing vegetable in the cornucopia of naturally (healthy). Roasted acorn squash gets a cozy anti-inflammatory boost with turmeric! Naturally sweet acorn squash is complemented with ground turmeric for an anti-inflammatory side dish with a hint of savory.