Easy chicken chow mein noodles. This real Chicken Chow Mein recipe really is restaurant quality. It all comes down to the sauce! This is faster than ordering take out - and much healthier!
This chow mein is just like what you get at your favorite Chinese restaurant! It's made with tender noodles, fresh sauteed veggies, lean chicken, and a simple savory sauce. Chow Mein noodles give this recipe a nice crunch. You can cook Easy chicken chow mein noodles using 13 ingredients and 9 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Easy chicken chow mein noodles
- Prepare 450 gms of boneless chicken (a little under 1/2 kg).
- It's 450 gms of dried spaghetti noodles (standard 1 pack).
- It's 1/4 cup of oil.
- It's 2 tsp of garlic paste or 2 tbsp freshly chopped garlic.
- It's 1 tsp of salt or to taste.
- It's 1 tbsp of crushed red chilli flakes.
- It's 2 of medium Sliced bell peppers (green).
- Prepare 3 of green onions sliced (only the white/pale green root).
- Prepare of sauces.
- You need 4 tbsp of vinegar.
- You need 4 tbsp of Soy sauce.
- You need 4 tbsp of Oyster Sauce.
- It's 2 tbsp of Sriracha sauce (or hot sauce).
However, most Americans are used to soft Lo Mein noodles or Yakisoba noodles. Stir in chicken broth, garlic, and ginger. Cook chow mein noodles according to package directions. This easy Chinese Chow Mein recipe is made with noodles, vegetables, chicken, and a simple chow mein sauce.
Easy chicken chow mein noodles step by step
- In a large pot, add 1 tsp salt and parboil the egg noodles or spaghetti (slightly under-cooked) according to the instructions on the packet of your noodles..
- Strain your noodles, coat with a little oil and set aside..
- Add all the sauces in a bowl, mix and set aside..
- Cut the boneless chicken into smaller cubes..
- Keep a non-stick pan or a wok on medium flame and add 2 tbsp of oil, chicken chunks and garlic paste..
- Saute chicken until water dries up and add red chilli flakes and salt..
- Add the slices vegetables and another 2 tbsp of oil in the pan and saute at high flame for 2 to 3 minutes (or until the water from vegetables dry up) Add the remaining oil and the parboiled noodles in the wok and saute for 2 3 minutes at high flame..
- Add all the sauces and sit fry for another 3 to 4 minutes. Adjust the seasoning and salt according to your taste and turn off the flame..
- Serve hot..
It's better than Panda Express, and healthy too! This easy Chinese chicken salad gets tossed with a bright, gingery dressing and topped with crunchy noodles. If you'd like to make this salad ahead for a party or to take for lunch, cook the chicken and assemble all the salad ingredients in a storage container, except for the chow mein noodles. Easy Chow Mein recipe with Chinese egg noodles stir fried with chicken, shrimp and vegetables. This is an authentic chow mein noodles recipe Chinatown Chow Mein (sometimes spelled as chowmin) is one of the best Chinese recipes.