Grandma’s Spanish Salmorejo. Salmorejo is a tomato "soup" original from Cordoba in the south of Spain, that has evolved during the years (centuries). The first versions were made in a mortar mashing bread, garlic and olive oil; nowadays it's prepared in highspeed blenders giving that rich creamy texture. Creamy salmorejo with ham and egg.
I know many of you like. Put a large pot of salted water on the stove and bring to a boil. Cut a small cross in the bottom of each tomato. You can have Grandma’s Spanish Salmorejo using 9 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Grandma’s Spanish Salmorejo
- It's 4 of big tomatoes / 5 small ones.
- You need 200/250 ml. of Water.
- Prepare 100 ml. of Olive oil.
- You need 2 of Garlics.
- You need to taste of Salt and Oregano.
- It's of Third part of a loaf of bread, from the morning, left outside for it to be hardened.
- You need of Toppings (Optional).
- Prepare Half of boiled egg, chopped.
- Prepare 50 g of Jamón Serrano, chopped (Prosciutto will do also).
Salmorejo is a cold soup that shares ingredients with gazpacho. However, it is creamier and less acidic than gazpacho.. Italian Grandma Makes Cavatelli (Cicatelli) - Duration:. Spanish If you ever think about a dish in Croatia that every family makes and eats, independently of the social status and/or the will for innovation, is a sort of minced meat/soja flakes with rice that fills a certain vegetable such as bell pepper or a fermented cabbage leave (Punjena paprika.
Grandma’s Spanish Salmorejo step by step
- On a pot, put the bread with the water for it to get soaked, we need it to be soft..
- While the bread is getting ready, we’ll pill off the tomatoes to avoid those small pieces after blending. (If you’re short of time you can skip this step, will be just as delicious, just blend a little bit more).
- I like to blend the whole tomato separately to avoid loosing the water inside of it, but just cutting them is also ok..
- Put the tomatoes, oil, spices and two pilled garlics on the pot with the bread, then blend it till you have a beautiful texture..
- Serve it and spark the top of it with some chopped boiled egg and jamón ibérico or prosciutto, and enjoy..
As someone who had become obsessed with gazpacho's creamy cousin salmorejo, I decided it was about time to give traditional gazpacho another chance. After all, my Spanish friends would swear by the stuff- according to any Spaniard, gazpacho is the best cure for a cold, flu, hangover, break-up… whatever is wrong, gazpacho will fix it! Yves is waiting for us and warmly welcoming us to his Grandma's Cooking cooking class to discover the secrets of gastronomic traditions. The group of about ten people is welcomed and presented to each other. All nationalities mingle; English, Spanish and French resonate in the room.