You can have Tzatziki Sauce using 7 ingredients and 3 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Tzatziki Sauce
- It's 1/2 of English cucumber, peeled.
- Prepare 16 oz of cold plain greek yogurt.
- You need 4 clove of garlic, pressed.
- It's 1/3 cup of chopped fresh dill.
- You need 1 1/2 tbsp of lemon juice, fresh squeezed.
- It's 1/2 tsp of salt (or to taste).
- Prepare 1/8 tsp of ground black pepper (or to taste).
Tzatziki Sauce step by step
- The Cucumber should be peeled, finely diced and strained of it's juices. I squeezed it really tight by the fistful. You can use a cheese cloth if you wish. Getting rid of excess juice is important so that you tzatziki sauce isn't watery the next day..
- Combine the strained and chopped cucumber with 2 cups plain greek yogurt, 1½ Tbsp lemon juice, 4 pressed garlic cloves, ⅓ cup chopped dill, ½ tsp salt (add more to taste) and ⅛ tsp black pepper..
- Mix everything together and add more salt to taste if needed. It's best to refrigerate for about 1 hour before serving to let the flavors meld. It tastes even better when refrigerated overnight!.