Glazed Acorn Squash. Baked Acorn Squash Recipe - Maple Glazed Squash. Acorn Squash Stuffed with Mushrooms and Rice Remove the glaze from the heat and let cool.
Acorn squash is roasted with a bit of maple syrup until it's soft and caramelized. Share: Rate this Recipe Wash the squash and cut them in half. Remove the seeds and the stringy part. You can cook Glazed Acorn Squash using 5 ingredients and 5 steps. Here is how you achieve it.
Ingredients of Glazed Acorn Squash
- It's 1 of acorn squash.
- You need 2 tbsp of honey.
- It's 1 dash of ginger.
- It's 1 of drizzle of vegetable oil.
- Prepare 1 of salt.
Enjoy this glazed acorn squash that can be baked or slow cooked that's perfect for a side dish. Omit maple syrup and whipping cream. Turn squash over, and brush with remaining syrup mixture. Tip: Prepare acorn squash, but do not glaze.
Glazed Acorn Squash instructions
- Peel and remove seeds from squash..
- Medium dice squash.
- Toss with vegetable oil. Season with ginger. Add salt. Add honey. Toss.
- Roast at 350º for approximately 25 minutes or until squash is caramelized and tender.
- Variations; Maple syrup, brown sugar, white pepper, basil, rum..
Prepare Israeli Couscous Pilaf with Cranberries, Golden Raisins & Pine Nuts and use as stuffing for squash. Both can be prepared ahead and reheated in. Cutting our Maple-Glazed Acorn Squash into eighths increased surface area and provided room for ample amounts of maple glaze. The smaller pieces also resulted in a shorter roasting time. This works with carnival squash (used in the photo) as well as acorn squash.