Slow Cooker Orange Chicken. This slow cooker orange chicken is breaded chunks of chicken tossed in a sweet and savory Asian sauce and cooked in the crock pot. This slow cooker orange chicken tastes a lot like the fast food favorite, but it's made at home in your slow cooker with less oil. It's sure to become a family favorite!
The typical orange chicken commonly found in American Chinese restaurants consists of chopped, battered and fried chicken pieces that are coated in a sweet-caramelized-orange-glaze-flavored sauce. Can this be made in the slow cooker? This Slow Cooker Crispy Orange Chicken was easier and healthier than what I had planned! You can have Slow Cooker Orange Chicken using 14 ingredients and 6 steps. Here is how you cook that.
Ingredients of Slow Cooker Orange Chicken
- It's 1.5-2 lbs of Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs/Breasts.
- Prepare 1/4 Cup of Cornstarch.
- You need 1 tbsp of Curry Powder.
- It's 1/4 tsp of Ground Red(Cayenne) Pepper.
- It's 2 tbsp of Coconut Oil.
- You need 1-2 cups of Peppers, chopped up.
- It's 1-2 cups of chopped carrots.
- It's 1 cup of Orange Marmalade.
- You need 2 tbsp of Aminos Acid/Soy sauce.
- You need 1/4 Cup of Rice Wine Vinegar.
- It's 1 tbsp of Sesame Oil.
- Prepare 1 tsp of Ground Ginger.
- You need 1-2 Cloves of Garlic, minced.
- You need 1-2 Cup of Broccoli, or more if you like.
So if your chicken is really dry you may need to add just a little water when you shake it up. Then when you put the olive oil in your pan you really need only enough to lightly coat the bottom of. This slow cooker orange chicken tastes just as good as what you'd find in a restaurant! That's why I made my slow cooker teriyaki chicken, and why it remains one of my favorite ways to eat chicken.
Slow Cooker Orange Chicken step by step
- Dice the chicken up into 1 inch pieces. Place the chicken into a medium bowl..
- Add the corn starch, curry powder and cayenne pepper onto the chicken, then mix until evenly coated. Personally, I use my hands to mix it together..
- Heat a large pan or wok over medium heat, coat with the coconut oil, then added the chicken. Heat each side for about 5 minutes, until the pink is gone. Place the chicken into the slow cooker, along with the carrots and peppers. Mix the peppers into the pot. ***Please use a slow cooker liner***.
- In a small bowl, add the orange marmalade, aminos acid, rice wine vinegar, ground ginger, sesame oil, and minced garlic. Stir to mix. Pour onto the chicken in the slow cooker. Close the lid, set the temperature to low, and the timer to 2 hours..
- After 2 hours, add the broccoli to the slow cooker. Stir it, then put the cover back onto the slow cooker. Once again, set the temperature to low and the timer to 30 minutes..
While I was eating teriyaki chicken to my heart's content, it was my younger brother who was the. Plop the chicken pieces into your slow cooker. In a small mixing bowl, combine the orange-juice concentrate, brown sugar, balsamic vinegar, salt and ketchup. If you'd like the chicken to be a bit sweeter, add a touch more sugar. Pour sauce mixture evenly over the chicken.